Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Goodyear ElectricDrive 2 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about following the manual? It says these tires are the best for the Tesla Vehicle. You should also look for the "T" (Tesla Approved) Symbol on the sidewall:

Continental ProContact RXT2Front and Rear255/45R191188211-00-CAll SeasonNewest generation tire designed for typical year-round performance with improved range, with up to a 10-mile range improvement (EPA est.) compared to previous Continental T0 variant.

• Disagree
Reactions: brinox
I had posted separately before.
In a nutshell, less mileage, harder ride, quieter than Contis.

I have the Ions now, so far so good
I will be putting Ions on my car tomorrow. Got 26k out of the Cont RX - could have gotten a few thousand more on them but one of them has developed a slow leak that I need to top off every few days. Looking forward to a better ride and longer range with the new Ions. Plus they have a 50k warranty (We'll see about that.)

Reactions: whisperingshad
I will be putting Ions on my car tomorrow. Got 26k out of the Cont RX - could have gotten a few thousand more on them but one of them has developed a slow leak that I need to top off every few days. Looking forward to a better ride and longer range with the new Ions. Plus they have a 50k warranty (We'll see about that.)
------ I know this is a thread about Goodyear tires, and don't mean to hijack this thread -----
Just a note - pretty early to tell with only 200 miles on them - but - it seems that they are a little quieter with less noise transferred when going over cracks in the highway. Couldn't tell about range, as I took all back roads and didn't take it over 60mph. - wanted to break the tires in before I open it up. The tread depth is about 10\32. Not real fond of the looks of the sidewalls, but the tread itself is pretty impressive. It did take three and a half weeks for my local tire shop to get them in.

Last edited: