Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia Vehicle Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish that was the case in NC. EVs don't need emissions test obviously, but we still have to report annually for safety inspections (looking forward to arguing about using pucks to lift the car). And we get to pay an extra $179/yr with registration to (overpay) for not paying gasoline road taxes...

Wish that was the case in NC. EVs don't need emissions test obviously, but we still have to report annually for safety inspections (looking forward to arguing about using pucks to lift the car). And we get to pay an extra $179/yr with registration to (overpay) for not paying gasoline road taxes...
I think some legislatures may be over-reacting to the loss of the gas tax revenue in the increased EV registration fees we’re seeing. I just read that new EV sales made up 7.5% of total new US car sales in 2023. I think the oil and gas industry has taken notice of this increase and will lobby those legislatures in their favor.

I think some legislatures may be over-reacting to the loss of the gas tax revenue in the increased EV registration fees we’re seeing. I just read that new EV sales made up 7.5% of total new US car sales in 2023. I think the oil and gas industry has taken notice of this increase and will lobby those legislatures in their favor.
Yes, it's been documented some states have overreacted, some have not/under reacted and various in between. It will sort itself out, but net road tax revenue will probably increase..."they" never miss an opportunity to add yet another revenue source.

Reactions: gtae07