Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall Charger flashing red lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for the past 24 hours or so I get two flashing red lights followed by an amber light and then the stream of green. I looked in the manual and it says ground fault for one or two flashing red lights but then it states "charging disabled." My charging isn't completely disabled. Its charging at basically half its usual charge rate (23/24 amps and 5 kw vs. 48 amps and 11 kw). I also wonder whether the amber light after the two red lights mean anything? Or is the 3rd amber looking one suppose to be red which means high heat?

I've attached a video showing what I'm talking about. Any help would be much appreciated!

So for the past 24 hours or so I get two flashing red lights followed by an amber light and then the stream of green. I looked in the manual and it says ground fault for one or two flashing red lights but then it states "charging disabled." My charging isn't completely disabled. Its charging at basically half its usual charge rate (23/24 amps and 5 kw vs. 48 amps and 11 kw). I also wonder whether the amber light after the two red lights mean anything? Or is the 3rd amber looking one suppose to be red which means high heat?

I've attached a video showing what I'm talking about. Any help would be much appreciated!

Amber blink is meant to be red as far as I can tell. Wire size too small or (especially if it was done by an electrician) loose connection. More torque needed?

Amber blink is meant to be red as far as I can tell. Wire size too small or (especially if it was done by an electrician) loose connection. More torque needed?

Used the recommended wire size (10ga I believe?) and I did retorque at the breaker and in the charger already....faceplate is warm but I wouldn't consider it overly warm. Charging handle isn't warm at all. Probably because it's charging at such a low rate!

I think I found the thread you are talking about....Sounds like a lot of other people have had this same issue. I wish there was a way to download the latest firmware yourself without having to call in to have them manually push the update. They are of course closed for day!