Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD now $8,000. Who's buying?

How much does FSD need to be for you to buy it?

• $5K

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • $4K

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • $3K

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • $2K

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • $1K

Votes: 41 22.2%
  • $99 a month is the way to go.

Votes: 63 34.1%
  • $6K

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $7K

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had EAP for 4k and just started the 99/month FSD subscription when the upgrade from EAP went to 2k. I did the upgrade. FSD is much improved but is a long way from self driving. On major highways, it is a major improvement over Autopilot. It seems the display covers a greater area than EAP did and I do like that. I expect to have the car for quite a while and didn't hesitate at an additional 2k. I think the car is great.

If you subscribe to FSD, yeah you need to pay the $1000. That may be what they are referring too.
I just did the EAP to FSD upgrade and the invoice for the 2.5 to 3.0 upgrade was $0
Full Self-Driving updates almost instantly in the car upon purchase and you make a service appointment to update the hardware
Found it for you!View attachment 1041456
Thank you. They are charging me an additional 1k after purchasing Fsd upgrade, not subscription. Will send them this.

I just upgraded to FSD for $2K for my 2018 MS. It's actually cheaper than factory back in 2018 which was $3K, and it was $4K to upgrade post factory. I tested a loaner M3 with FSD and was pretty impressed. Upgrade is in progress, pick up the car later this week.

My experience: 2018 Model 3 LRDM with EAP. 60 k miles. Upgraded to hardware 3 from hw 2.5 no charge. Bought the upgrade to FSD for 2k . all this done a week ago. This was 1k cheaper than the 3k upgrade cost offered in June of 2021? or so. It worked fine after some frustration updating to the latest nav maps. Then it worked fine with these caveats:
Safety category issues because the programmers are not good defensive drivers I am sure: 1 -- it transitioned from Southbound highway to a westbound highway and when completing the transition and merge onto the westbound highway it continued its arc and drove to the shoulder an onto the rumble strip where I intervened. Tried it today again in same spot and did not intervene and it repeated itself but did correct itself. : 2--unexpected slowing down lie the previous EAP. I expected this to be resolved. sort of a milder form of phantom braking which, if an 18 wheeler was tailgating me would create a problem... or kill a tailgating biker... either case ... not good. I just overrode it with accelerator pedal. : 3-- just like EAP.. (and like Non Defensive drivers). it starts to pass vehicles but hovers in lane next to trucks and cars because it is following another bad driver who passes the truck or bus but does not continue on. A defensive driver will wait for the lane to clear so you can actually pass and move on. The Tesla lets itself be trapped in this spot. Never a good idea. I have seen videos where the truck blows a left tire and instantly careens left taking the car next to it onto the center median through guard rails and onto the opposite lanes. I have also witnessed from behind truck tire exploding and shredding tread. My motorcycle spidey senses have kept me alive all these years.
4 The Tesla will pass on the right of trucks and busses.
5 Number 3 and 4 same thing with the added risk factor of approaching an exit. Again I have watched with amazement the speed at which a 55 thousand pound 18 wheeler can dart from the center lane to the exit. If any vehicle is Hovering, passing to the right when approaching an exit may the good force be with you.
Those are my 5 big warnings. Avoid death and or years in rehab by just finding some better driver videos for the AI to learn from... preferably older motorcyclists.

Reactions: Ben W