Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea that’s what I mean, just wait until that’s low on RAM too and we then can’t use latest FSD features without getting the latest model of the car. Despite paying $10-15k for FSD functionality that has been sucky so far

Thusfar any time someone who bought FSD needed a HW upgrade to use new, promised in original purchase, features Tesla has provided it- for free.

HW3 for all HW2.x cars for example, or updated cameras for early HW2 S/X vehicles as another (though that's been slow going as see in this thread).

No reason to think that won't be true in the future.

Thusfar any time someone who bought FSD needed a HW upgrade to use new, promised in original purchase, features Tesla has provided it- for free.

HW3 for all HW2.x cars for example, or updated cameras for early HW2 S/X vehicles as another (though that's been slow going as see in this thread).

No reason to think that won't be true in the future.
Something about this $2000 upgrade to get console quality gaming, that was promised at launch, makes me not have a lot of faith in what Tesla will do with FSD in the future.

Something about this $2000 upgrade to get console quality gaming, that was promised at launch, makes me not have a lot of faith in what Tesla will do with FSD in the future.

Isn't the $2000 price just what some rando service center guy told one person? We've frequently seen SC employees give wrong or misleading answers to various service requests (including tons of times in this very thread) so I would wait for Tesla to announce an official retrofit policy of some kind as they've done with, say, the FSD computer (free for FSD buyers, not for non-buyers- and even then some SC employees screwed it up and gave it free to non-FSD owners)

Reactions: boonedocks
Isn't the $2000 price just what some rando service center guy told one person? We've frequently seen SC employees give wrong or misleading answers to various service requests (including tons of times in this very thread) so I would wait for Tesla to announce an official retrofit policy of some kind as they've done with, say, the FSD computer (free for FSD buyers, not for non-buyers- and even then some SC employees screwed it up and gave it free to non-FSD owners)
Several people in different threads have quotes from Tesla service that comes out to a little over $2000 with taxes and fees.

Doesn’t mean that’ll be the case but it seems to be the case right now.

Can’t imagine the big shot execs at Tesla didn’t think of or expect any backlash when they determined they’re going to go ahead with screwing the OG refresh owners out of what was promised.

Looks what is currently being installed. My safety score is 98 with 89 miles on AP.

Not sure if related but I was goofing around in my car today and decided to connect it to my newer 5G WiFi router (vs older and less strong signal 2.4G)

1671334385585.png

So I just went through a camera upgrade saga on my early 2017 X. It had the MCU2 upgrade a couple of years ago around the time that I got the HW3 FSD computer. Just recently I went through 2 appointments to get the right cameras installed. The first appointment on 12/6 installed:

Triple cam - 1089531-00-C (wrong part)
B-Pillar - 1069104-SL-D and 1069104-SR-D
Repeaters - 1495866-22-C and 1495867-22-C

I waited a few days for the FSD beta to install and was instead offered 2022.40.4.2, so I checked the screens and saw that the car was reporting that it still had the wrong cameras for FSD beta. So, I went to Van Ness today and they installed a new triple camera and nothing else:

Triple cam - 1120520-00-B (looks like the right part)

I've seen the other part numbers listed in green on a retrofit spreadsheet so I'm assuming that they are OK. Also, I can't find any mention of the wrong cameras in any screen in the car of the app, so I guess I am good to go? Where am I supposed to find that warning if I have the wrong cameras?

I checked the beta software request screen and the button says "Request FSD Beta", but the text below it says "You're already enrolled", so those seem to contradict each other.

Also, my car is currently asking to install 2022.40.4.2, should I let it or wait until I get a new version to download? Is there a way to clear it? I see above that this version is listed as upgrading to FSD beta (via the single stack 2022.40.4.10), but I've also seen elsewhere that that version is only currently available to employees so it may not download for me until (insert Elon time warning) next week?

So I just went through a camera upgrade saga on my early 2017 X. It had the MCU2 upgrade a couple of years ago around the time that I got the HW3 FSD computer. Just recently I went through 2 appointments to get the right cameras installed. ...
Also, my car is currently asking to install 2022.40.4.2, should I let it or wait until I get a new version to download? Is there a way to clear it? I see above that this version is listed as upgrading to FSD beta (via the single stack 2022.40.4.10), but I've also seen elsewhere that that version is only currently available to employees so it may not download for me until (insert Elon time warning) next week?
I'd go ahead and install 2022.40.4.2 as there have been quite a few so far (78) that have gone to 2022.40.4.10 (FSDBeta) from it.

Last night, my early 2017 X (w/MCU2 upgrade & FSD) went from 2022.40.4.1 to 2022.40.4.10 (FSDbeta).

3Y5R26l.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
TeslaFi is showing at least 3 new additions of 2016 vehicles, which required RCCB camera retrofits, to FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 / 2022.40.4.10:
  • 2016 S 75D 172XXX upgraded from 2022.40.4.1
  • 2016 S P100D 173XXX upgraded from 2022.40.4.1
  • 2016 X P90D 025XXX upgraded from 2022.40.4.2
I'm still keeping an eye out for any MCU1 vehicles updating from 2022.8.10.8, but nothing yet. There's currently almost 50 vehicles with that version on that service and in US/Canada with HW3 computer. Although it seems like fewer than 10 have a Model S VIN greater than 215XXX and a handful of Model X VIN greater than 075XXX, which I believe are roughly when HW2.5 with RCCB cameras were installed, so these would be more likely to get added to FSD Beta without having to first deal with Service to get cameras correctly installed.