Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, do you have an AP 2.0 MS with upgraded cameras?

Since you signed up today and no sig, I'm going to assume you are NOT part of this AP2 group. Please confirm
Apologies guys. I had a few threads open in anticipation for this release and yes, it is true I was not part of this AP2 group. Got my threads mixed about.

Sorry for getting the hopes up.

A bit eggs-agerated IMO
Name another car manufacturer that gives you any sort of upgrade for free.
Even to get GPS maps updated one has to take the car in and pay a few hundred $$
FSD beta aside, these cars have received numerous updates over the years, and the fact that the MCU can be upgraded giving an old car a new life is pretty incredible. Again just my opinion.

Hit disagree on this because Tesla is considered a tech company and not a traditional auto manufacturer. Therefore that whataboutism is pointless.

Also I paid for both FSD and MCU2.

Reactions: valem
A bit eggs-agerated IMO
Even to get GPS maps updated one has to take the car in and pay a few hundred $$
FSD beta aside, these cars have received numerous updates over the years, and the fact that the MCU can be upgraded giving an old car a new life is pretty incredible. Again just my opinion.
No other car manufacturer charged $5k 5 years ago for yet to be delivered software. At least on EAP Tesla delivered quickly; however I have not seen any upgrades for it in a long time; probably because it woks fine.

As for FSD in my case I subscribed two months ago and had to first upgrade to HW3/MCU2 and again got nothing of substance for it (besides Cam recording). Next they will want me to pay for CAM upgrade.

As for GPS maps I just use CarPlay on my Bolt and Mercedes.

Last edited:
No soup for you! :(

Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 8.09.26 AM.png

STILL stuck on 2021.36.5.6, as of now.

No FSD BETA 10.8 that Andrej tweeted I would get in this WIDER RELEASE.

No 2021.44.25 Holiday Update that Elon tweeted EVERYONE would get.

Not a Merry Christmas, so far, for me.

Wishing you ALL. a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year.
Same here. I’ve been opening the app and checking for updates in my car every so often. I think it will come but later. My thoughts are engineering have the UI and update available for the horizontal screens but everyone with a vertical screen will have to wait for a bit until they get back to the drawing board. That’s just my guess from the software updates on different Tesla models I’ve seen on Teslafi. Elon was probably talking about some holidays in 2022🤦🏻‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: Saxman and fbitz777
the holiday update is just an obstacle at this point
Assuming 10.8/2021.44.25.6 was a merge of 10.7/2021.44.5.5 with the latest holiday update code 2021.44.25.2, potentially Tesla could push FSD Beta 10.7 to vertical S/X vehicles. Maybe you can try asking Karpathy if that's possible especially if getting holiday update to legacy S/X might take a while.

Some people might prefer this "holiday" FSD-only update without the v11 interface changes. Presumably 10.7 was already QAed, and it's an "existing" version ready to go, so maybe you can make this Christmas miracle happen! ;)

Yes, Karpathy has been easier to reach compared to Musk as Twitter's algorithm makes it difficult to reach Musk if you don't have good number of followers/previous interactions with the person you are tweeting, then your tweet gets buried deep as even Crypto scammers these days have verified accounts.
@c0smicdirt
Since you already have Karpathy's attention, would you please mention to him that 10.8 has gone Wide Release and us Legacy MS/MX ( with Camera Upgrades) STILL have not got the FSD Beta software.
Thank you

Clearly overblown, unwarranted, and exaggerated, at least how I read it. Dont get me wrong, I'm in the same boat with everyone in this thread with my 2017 X, FSD purchased with the car, MCU upgraded, and now waiting for my cameras upgrade scheduled for 12/31, but we did get, arguably, more upgrades and updates that any other car manufacturer.
You shouldn't be required to upgarde (MCU in your case) to get any FSD feature, that is my problem!.

Reactions: dbldwn02
A bit eggs-agerated IMO
Well they did not give all the feature that were sold to begin with, so its natural for them to show that they have a way to deliver these easily !.

I suspect that 10.8 FSD is still in the cards for our cars, but that they will require some "manual" intervention prior to getting FSD 10.8.

Specifically, I think the plan is likely something like:
1) Update us to 2021.44.6
2) Change our gateway camera config type to RCCB
3) Redeploy 2021.44.6 with the new camera type set
3) Then invite/stage/install FSD Beta 10.8 (2021.44.25.6)

This is all assuming they fixed the `detect-vehicle-config` issue with the 2021.44.x APE3 builds, though I have not been able to confirm this yet. Am running some tests on my car now and will report back with what I find!