Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting word from the delivery center that the “hub” in Alabama is “backed up.” They can’t even tell me if my car has made it to the hub yet and I’m scheduled for delivery on 3/4 (originally they said it might be as early as tomorrow). This whole week is going to be agonizing! I could really use this car ASAP. 🤞🏻

Tampa or Eatonville?

I know somebody who had his delivery pushed back a week plus because of trucking delays.

Tampa or Eatonville?

I know somebody who had his delivery pushed back a week plus because of trucking delays.
West Palm Beach.

In the meantime I’m gonna get a 14-50 outlet installed along side my wall connector. I ordered the 14-50 adapter and cable management kit. This way I can use the mobile charger for the M3SR+ and never worry about fighting over a charger or whether or not we each plugged in.

Reactions: voxel
I’m getting word from the delivery center that the “hub” in Alabama is “backed up.” They can’t even tell me if my car has made it to the hub yet and I’m scheduled for delivery on 3/4 (originally they said it might be as early as tomorrow). This whole week is going to be agonizing! I could really use this car ASAP. 🤞🏻
That would explain a lot. My original delivery date was 02/26, but they did not receive the car and pushed me out to 03/03.

Dang! I’m scheduled for 3/4 too! (in Jax.)

Delivery is set for Monday 3/7. 6 days away!
I changed from Tesla finance ([email protected]%) to 3rd party (DCU: [email protected]%). But to get 1.24%, it includes a direct deposit requirement otherwise rate rise 0.5% to 1.74%. Still not bad, but it turns out that while they 'require' the full paycheck to be deposited to get the .5% off, many are depositing a more reasonable loan payment + $200 / month to satisfy the requirement. I'm confirming that its ok since they do know my net pay (its on the stub I sent them when I applied). But still, I'm not sending all my paycheck there. I have too many automatic payments set up.

Reactions: solodogg
Delivery is set for Monday 3/7. 6 days away!
I changed from Tesla finance ([email protected]%) to 3rd party (DCU: [email protected]%). But to get 1.24%, it includes a direct deposit requirement otherwise rate rise 0.5% to 1.74%. Still not bad, but it turns out that while they 'require' the full paycheck to be deposited to get the .5% off, many are depositing a more reasonable loan payment + $200 / month to satisfy the requirement. I'm confirming that its ok since they do know my net pay (its on the stub I sent them when I applied). But still, I'm not sending all my paycheck there. I have too many automatic payments set up.
I’m using DCU too. My employer only allows one direct deposit so I have to send the whole paycheck. No big deal, I setup BOA to just pull the paycheck directly from DCU. It adds an extra couple days (for now, only did it once so far, it should speed up once it’s regular) to getting the money into my normal account, but it’s a small price to pay for such cheap money. Hoping by some miracle my car shows up this week! Need to sell this manual smart car so damn bad! 🥴

Reactions: solodogg
FWIW Eatonville parking lot is a mess right now. Looks like they're installing superchargers on the end closest to Kennedy, so there's even less space than there was before. Sure would be nice if they would at least move service somewhere else or get the lot across the street for overflow parking.

Reactions: voxel
I’m using DCU too. My employer only allows one direct deposit so I have to send the whole paycheck. No big deal, I setup BOA to just pull the paycheck directly from DCU. It adds an extra couple days (for now, only did it once so far, it should speed up once it’s regular) to getting the money into my normal account, but it’s a small price to pay for such cheap money. Hoping by some miracle my car shows up this week! Need to sell this manual smart car so damn bad! 🥴
I also use BoA. You are saying that except for the 2 day delay of getting the money into BoA, there is no transfer fee or anything like that? If so, then I can use BoA to pull the money on my regular schedule. I was about to just accept the .5% increase ($13/month), but would rather now --I'm cheap :)
Thanks

Reactions: pcmike
I also use BoA. You are saying that except for the 2 day delay of getting the money into BoA, there is no transfer fee or anything like that? If so, then I can use BoA to pull the money on my regular schedule. I was about to just accept the .5% increase ($13/month), but would rather now --I'm cheap :)
Thanks
No fees! I wouldn’t accept the fees either! I actually called DCU and complained and in order to keep me they sent me a free book of 100 checks and prior to setting up the pull I was just going to mobile cash a check for each pay check. Thankfully, I don’t have to go down that path.

Reactions: SilentWarp
No fees! I wouldn’t accept the fees either! I actually called DCU and complained and in order to keep me they sent me a free book of 100 checks and prior to setting up the pull I was just going to mobile cash a check for each pay check. Thankfully, I don’t have to go down that path.

Even if you don't maintain the 'requirements' of direct deposit and an active checking account, the bump will be only 0.5%. Not a biggie.

1646144444870.png

The extra $300 (in $60,300) is GAP insurance... I decided to add it since I am at 95% LTV.

Last edited:
Even if you don't maintain the 'requirements' of direct deposit and an active checking account, the bump will be only 0.5%. Not a biggie.

View attachment 775253
Based on this text, I don't see there being an explicit requirement for a 'full paycheck direct deposit'. You just need to have enough to cover the payment, which of course is pretty obvious. For the Plus membership level, you just need to have DD. I'm showing that I have a plus membership and I only DD $50/mo right now, just to have the process setup so that I get the rate at the outset. I'll bump up the contribution if/when I do my loan through DCU.

West Palm Beach.

In the meantime I’m gonna get a 14-50 outlet installed along side my wall connector. I ordered the 14-50 adapter and cable management kit. This way I can use the mobile charger for the M3SR+ and never worry about fighting over a charger or whether or not we each plugged in.
What kind of actual range are you getting on the M3SR?
It is rated at 267 - 272 depending on wheel option but we know you dont charge Teslas to 100% and dont go below 10% usually
So that should be about a useful rage of 214 miles - correct?

Also if you dont mind answering - what did you pay for it? I am thinking about getting one if the price ever drops 10K

Does anyone have experience with Tesl trade-ins. They offered me a really good deal when I traded in my Durango but now Im trading in my 2022 M3LR for my MYLR when/if it comes in this month. I see 2019 - 2021 on their site with a lot more milage than mine selling for a lot more than I paid for mine.

What kind of actual range are you getting on the M3SR?
It is rated at 267 - 272 depending on wheel option but we know you dont charge Teslas to 100% and dont go below 10% usually
So that should be about a useful rage of 214 miles - correct?

Also if you dont mind answering - what did you pay for it? I am thinking about getting one if the price ever drops 10K
44k ($39,990 MSRP) out the door. It’s an LFP and we charge to 100% everyday. It’s my wife’s so honestly not sure what the usable range is… she’s never ran it down to 0. I’m going to guess she could do about 200mi without worrying ever. She usually drives about 150mi at most in a day. She’s only ever got anxiety once, but I don’t remember how far she had driven that day and she was fine.

Does anyone have experience with Tesl trade-ins. They offered me a really good deal when I traded in my Durango but now Im trading in my 2022 M3LR for my MYLR when/if it comes in this month. I see 2019 - 2021 on their site with a lot more milage than mine selling for a lot more than I paid for mine.

@salvadorsantan has. He got lowballed I believe.

Tesla won't give you a good price for a Tesla trade-in compared to Carvana, CarMax, Vroom, Shift, Givemethevin, etc. However used prices are falling so who knows.

For me, they came in about 2k less than everyone else. But the reduction in sales tax was about 2k, so I went with Tesla out of convenience since all things considered, it’s a wash.

For me, they came in about 2k less than everyone else. But the reduction in sales tax was about 2k, so I went with Tesla out of convenience since all things considered, it’s a wash.

Was this with a Tesla M3/MYLR? Or a gas car?

I traded an ID.4 to Tesla and they offered $1K lower than others but as you said... tax savings. I found out a local Infiniti dealer bought it auction, listed it at $8K over but eventually sold it at $6-7K over what I traded it in for. Everybody has to make money in the process :)

However when trading in a Tesla... Tesla gives the worst offers.

• Informative
Reactions: Vladimir*22