Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but since the benefits of upgrading the pre AP cars are microscopic I will delay the upgrade anyway. .. If they fix the Nav and DAB-radio I will reconsider...

there's a thread on improved wh/mi in rwd cars on 7.0. Appears to be ~10%. I'm experiencing. Assumption is it's related to torque sleep. That's not microscopic! If they find another 10% in 7.1, they can move the battery gauge wherever they want IMO.

I don't mind the battery icon being moved or made smaller...I just can't see it behind the wheel. I have to lean forward to read it now. This gauge should be visible for everyone from common positions. I'm 6 foot and have centered wheel and other settings. While other things may be, this one's not rocket science. A little more centered, please.

Isn't it great to gripe about these things with the hope of improvement? Can you imagine complaining publicly about the placement of the gas gauge in a '64 1/2 Mustang...in 1964, and expect that Ford would hear you and fix it?

Interesting. I have the wheel and seat adjusted to be comfortable and so that the entire IC is completely visible while the wheel is straight. Considering the wheel is two axis adjustable and the seat is 4 axis adjustable, should be pretty easy to find a good spot for them that works.

there's a thread on improved wh/mi in rwd cars on 7.0. Appears to be ~10%. I'm experiencing. Assumption is it's related to torque sleep. That's not microscopic! If they find another 10% in 7.1, they can move the battery gauge wherever they want IMO.

Really skeptical of this. Torque sleep can only activate when power is at dead center 0 kW on a RWD. This means a complete stop. Reduced w/mi is more likely the torque remapping which is another reason I'm on 6.2. It delivers less torque and power for the equivalent depress position of the pedal is my understanding of it.

Interesting. I have the wheel and seat adjusted to be comfortable and so that the entire IC is completely visible while the wheel is straight. Considering the wheel is two axis adjustable and the seat is 4 axis adjustable, should be pretty easy to find a good spot for them that works.

I also found a position that works, but my mother is a different story. She can find a position that the entire IC can be seen, but the position puts her arms at positions at induce arm fatigue and does position her arms near the armrests for her to rest them at the elbow at times. Additionally, the seat belt then edges on her neck and leaves slight bruising. When we get into her car, we have very different seating positions and have to adjust the seat, the steering wheel, and the seat belts just for me to get in. If I didn't adjust the seat belts but did the seat and wheel, the belt would come out and go up to go over my sholder rather than go across it.

I don't mind the battery icon being moved or made smaller...I just can't see it behind the wheel. I have to lean forward to read it now. This gauge should be visible for everyone from common positions. I'm 6 foot and have centered wheel and other settings. While other things may be, this one's not rocket science. A little more centered, please.

Isn't it great to gripe about these things with the hope of improvement? Can you imagine complaining publicly about the placement of the gas gauge in a '64 1/2 Mustang...in 1964, and expect that Ford would hear you and fix it?

This may have been mentioned a while back, but the headlight and high beam indicators have moved to the upper left corner of the display. For me, the high beam is now behind the steering wheel. I've adjusted the wheel position accordingly. Suppose that I'll get used to the new position eventually.

I don't think it would be reasonable for Tesla to move IC elements around just because some driver wheel/seat positions cause them to be obscured. They have plenty of screen real estate to put info on, and they should utilize it to the fullest.

This may have been mentioned a while back, but the headlight and high beam indicators have moved to the upper left corner of the display. For me, the high beam is now behind the steering wheel. I've adjusted the wheel position accordingly. Suppose that I'll get used to the new position eventually.
Suppose Tesla show the high and low beam on the car illumination pattern, then we don't need the icon:biggrin:

Ever since the upgrade I have had a flaky nav, even with all bars and 3G the screen is blank. I did a second reboot and will check today if it is any better, anyone else have this issue.

My experience is the opposite : Ever since the upgrade, NAV has worked fine (except for trying to put me on the 407) and my 3G is always working.
Before the upgrade, nav was drawing incomplete maps and 3g dropping often.

I like the new lock/unlock function on the center display, and so does my spouse. A nice alternative to putting the car in park, and clearly more obvious for new owners.
I have to add a "Me Too!" opinion here. Not only is it a step up in functionality to be able to do this ("lock up") without opening menus, but I realized this morning that I just like the sound as well.
One ding for Locking, two dings for Unlocking.
10/10, would download again. [emoji4]

Last edited:
I did exactly the same thing. At 6'2" I had to do that.

It delivers less torque and power for the equivalent depress position of the pedal is my understanding of it.

My experience with 7.0 throttle response is quite the opposite. I find that the accelerator now requires less depression, it is more sensitive than before. Except at really slow speeds, which makes it smoother from a dead stop. However, when rolling, a gentle tap on the accelerator yields quite a neck snapping acceleration. The overall driving experience is superior on 7.0 IMO.

just upgraded on Day 2 of my tesla experience. After 200 plus miles of I got a Tesla yesterday, I upgraded to 7.0. I must say that power to finish a yellow light and not stop is much improved. Like others have said it just takes a light touch. I noticed the AC is cooler quicker, and not as noisy? had to reset allot of my settings, including all my Suspension settings. Slaker was still active but, my preset stations were gone. 007 easter egg still works had to redo it though. Audio on standard stereo seems to need more volume since yesterday...maybe me. I notice a big speaker under the rear window but it makes no noise? Is it real or since I dont have Ultra High stereo is not operational? The Display is OK, but brake lights hard to see with Red color car Icon...and the center brake does not come on the little car. Like the smaller power meter, less anxiety over miles to go. needs sharper clock features....more modern for the style of car...Brighter numbers on display. It is much crisper and higher in resolution. Like the sharper icons. But the Media player needs a revamp. Huge screen little tiny images. Grey background? that blows. My other problems are voice recognition while driving does not work.....Homelink limited range....Wifi...cant connect even in the garage......poor signal.....but I dig it overall....I got a Tesla.....

Not exactly.

No matter how you position your seat and wheel they have now positioned the important Range measurement behind the turn-by-turn directions when they appear.

True, its only momentarily obscured, but the Range guage is important enough to be both more prominent and front and center where it is not obscured at any time.

Larry

The Nav is still embarrassingly bad. My wife got lost following its directions trying to meet me at an event Friday evening.

I'm pretty sure I didn't sell too many Teslas to the people who overheard me on the phone giving her turn by turn directions. At least I was able to see where she was on the app.

My other car, with its nearly 10 year old DVD based Nav, had no trouble guiding me to the event.