Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally getting second EV - any hints?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as well because there are four EVs in our household. Just a shame my M3 is limited to 11Kw.

We put in a second charger when we got the 2nd EV. Very very rarely charge both at the same time, but I don't need / want driveway-car-shuffle to get right-car-right-place for charging / pre-conditioning (and we have a lot of PV so at times we need both cars to charge to prevent export)

i’ve just put a deposit down on a 2014 Zoe 22kwh it’s replacing the other half’s Aygo that has done over 100k miles and ready for the scrap heap. I was quite impressed when we test drove it on saturday, it only had 17k on the clock and in mint condition. the garage has bought out the lease on the battery so don’t need to worry about lease costs of the battery. I know it only does 80 miles per charge, but the missus only does 20 miles daily commute so perfect little run around
went and collected the above car yesterday and I have been really impressed so far. Especially Renault CS and their R-link helpline...

I want to set the car up to schedule a charge during the IO cheap window via the car using my old dumb EVSE (Zoe will use the old dumb EVSE, while the Zappi will be used for M3 to save the faff of moving cars around). Unfortunately the charging schedule was greyed out in the infotainment, so was unable to set it up. After a bit of research last night, worked out the ZE interactive/connection subscription has to be active for this option to be available (don't quite understand the logic to this).

My initial assumption was previous owner from new had let it expire, gave R-link helpline a call today and was fully expecting to be on hold forever, CS being totally useless and be shunted around different depts and get no where. To my surprise my call was answered within 2 rings and after a 5 min conversation with a very helpful lady, turns out the previous owner from new had never activated any of the available subscriptions. They have honored the 36 month free subscription that came with the car from new (includes 1 year tomtom satnav sub as well), so I am now waiting 72hrs for the subscriptions to be activated on Renault servers.

It was refreshing to actually get through to someone straight away who knew what they talking about, she even followed up with an email 10 mins later detailing what we discussed 👏