Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeler FS: 2018 Model 3 DM Performance, FSD/wrap/tint, 2k mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from Big Bear in our X and got bit by the X bug. Now I just can't stop scratching the itch. It handled so well, so flawless, in ways I just don't think can ever be matched by my 3. I am throwing out this feeler post as a serious FS because I am looking to get another X instead (you know...redundancy). On the other hand, I am still satisfied with the 3, so really no pressure either way. Either people are interested or not. I am located in Los Angeles County, CA

Anyways, you have probably seen my pictures in the forums. If not, I will include some (with more to come when the weather improves) If there are any pictures you would like me to take, I will definitely try to accommodate asap.

- 2018 Model 3 AWD Dual Motor Performance (not upgrade package, but....see below); 2200 miles as of 2/16/19
- Black exterior is brand new and protected under Avery matte blue metallic wrap and chrome delete
- 18" Aero Wheels with hubcaps off and wheel kit on
- tinted front door windows 35%, back door windows and rear window (in one piece) 25%
- Enhanced Autopilot upgrade
- Full Self Driving Upgrade
- Premium Interior
- Tesla all weather mats in the trunks
- 3D Maxpider all weather mats in the cabin
- All piano black interior trim and steering wheel accented with Matrix Black
- replaced all replaceable interior lights and puddle lights with brighter ones
- CF spoiler
- smoked headlight film
- screen protector
- performance pedals
- windshield shade
- license plate frame with tailgate closing handle
- "Model 3" and "Dual Motor" appropriate badging
- that little tray that rests in the front center console where you can put your sunglasses
- 4 key cards
- 1 key fob

I am looking to get 70k for everything. I'm not looking to make any money on this. In fact I am taking a loss. The car was 80k out the door, the wrap was another 3k, and the misc. parts another 1.5k. I subtracted 10k for the rebates I already took and I'm at 74.5k. Then I subtracted 4.5k as an arbitrary number for any wear and tear from 2k miles. Or you can look at it as I'm am including the wrap and all add ons for free. Now let's say you build one now to the same specs. The performance starts at 60,900, or 54,650 after waiting for 3750 and 2500 rebates. Add 5k for EAP and 3k for FSD and you are at 62,650. Add 10% tax (I am estimating here in CA) and just the car alone you are at $68,915 straight out of Tesla. This means you are getting a full body wrap and tint plus the add ons for less than the price of just the add ons.

Feel free to congratulate, shame, convince, or just comment lol. Have a nice day.

40026882_257262301783836_2704502101261680640_n.jpg
IMG_20190207_110822.jpg
IMG_20190207_110946.jpg
20180811_173200_resized.jpg
20180811_173606_resized.jpg
20180811_173937_resized.jpg
20180811_173959_resized.jpg
20180811_174018_resized.jpg
39974402_315817102522620_8055611149657309184_n.jpg
40082738_1988354111456604_8603191012854071296_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA and T-Will
Your window sticker says $73k. You can’t count your sales tax or registration fees because everyone pays those. So after $10k in rebates your car was $63k. Now maybe you can try to get someone to buy it for about $63k if they feel that your mods cover the depreciation thus far, but anything higher than that is asking too much I think.

• Informative
Reactions: forkee
Your window sticker says $73k. You can’t count your sales tax or registration fees because everyone pays those. So after $10k in rebates your car was $63k. Now maybe you can try to get someone to buy it for about $63k if they feel that your mods cover the depreciation thus far, but anything higher than that is asking too much I think.

OK, but I've already paid it for them (taxes)? If I sell it for 63, that means they still have to pay taxes? Is that how it goes? Sorry, I haven't done this before. Kelley blue book estimates the car at 66k (private party/very good condition) but that doesn't factor in FSD, which still brings it to ~asking price.

@forkee yes, you pay taxes on every transaction. So you paid taxes when you bought it, whoever buys it from you will pay sales taxes. Unless you find a buyer that loves paying taxes I don't think you will get the amount you paid in taxes back plus the buyer paying sales tax again on the transaction.

I would be interested for $53k. DM me if you want to chat further. Here is my reasoning:

Brand new M3P from Tesla that includes the Performance Upgrade package $62,150 ($65,900 - $3750 EV rebate)
  • Black exterior / premium black interior
  • 20” Performance Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Lowered suspension
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph
  • Track Mode
  • Enhanced Autopilot
FSD doesn't really matter when ordering new because I can just wait to order until HW3 is officially announced (probably mid next month) and not have to upgrade the hardware so FSD isn't necessary.

A new M3P includes the Performance Upgrade package, which offsets the beautiful wrap and add-ons you added to your M3P. So basically you end up with $9k (15%) depreciation over a brand new M3P which is very reasonable.

I have essentially the same car. P3d- full wrap, accessories 2k miles etc. My total out the door was $84k - tax credit -5k refund = 71.5. 59k before wrap and taxes is a way to look at it from a buyer's perspective. No offense but you are out of your mind at 70k.

I'm not in love with the car and have thought about selling. Anything in the 60s would be a dream. I think you're looking at 50 something.

• Informative
Reactions: 2012MS85 and forkee
What is it with people thinking they can sell Model 3’s for a profit?

What is it with people thinking I am making a profit :rolleyes:

I already listed the prices I paid for everything. Its there in black and white. If I were to charge any more than 73 I would make a profit. No need to rage about it just because cheapskates think I'm giving it away for pennies on the dollar. I also stated this is a feeler post, to see what the interest is. It's totally fine if you don't agree with it, I can take constructive criticism, but I will not tolerate dicks.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Tadders
What is it with people thinking I am making a profit :rolleyes:

I already listed the prices I paid for everything. Its there in black and white. If I were to charge any more than 73 I would make a profit. No need to rage about it just because cheapskates think I'm giving it away for pennies on the dollar. I also stated this is a feeler post, to see what the interest is. It's totally fine if you don't agree with it, I can take constructive criticism, but I will not tolerate dicks.

Have you ever sold a <1 year old car before? Did you recoup 99% of your expenses? Your pricing is at the point where you should expect criticism.

• Love
Reactions: 2012MS85 and byeLT4
Have you ever sold a <1 year old car before? Did you recoup 99% of your expenses? Your pricing is at the point where you should expect criticism.

I said I haven't. This is all new to me. I don't expect to get 99% back, but to accuse me of trying to make a profit when I am clearly not is just not cool. I expect and invite criticism because that is why I put my post up, but only if it will help me formulate a correct and just number.

You never get the value of taxes back when you sell a car, it’s not even part of the equation because everyone has to pay it as a required evil, (yes I know there are a couple places that don’t charge it on EV’s). The first year of car depreciation is always the biggest and most people understand that, otherwise used car buyers would just buy new if there was no incentive to buy someone else’s second hand choice of their ideal car.