Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excellent car wash in Westchester County, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many of you I wash and detail my car in the Spring, Summer and Fall. We live in a condo development so the water is turned off for the winter.
I have been reluctant to wash my car at a car wash that uses brushes. Problem solved. I found one in White Plains, NY, corner of Greenburgh Road and 119. They do not scratch or put swirls on your car. The prices are cheap, you stay in your car. They offer monthly/unlimited plans. I use the basic monthly plan($20 tax included), hey there is wax on the brushes already. After you go thru the wash, there are 20 vacuums stalls, that have excellent suction. You also bring your mats to the front of the station and put them thru a floor mat cleaner. Our vinyl/rubber mats are contoured and don't fit, so you bring to the front and the attendant will power wash them for you. If you are on a monthly plan they give you a clean/dry microfiber towel to dry your car and you turn it back in for a clean one each time. I bring my own with window cleaner to spray on. This car wash is called the Car Wash Company, it was totally gutted and renovated with new equipment. No, I do not work for them. Just a Tesla enthusiast like the rest of us.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank42
If you are going to use an automatic car wash with brushes and rollers, fine. Everyone has their preference. Just be aware that it absolutely will damage the paint. In the right lighting you will see it. There is no way to rub a dirty car without damaging the paint. In winter I use self-service bays at car washes to avoid this problem.

I had a very good experience with Westchester Auto Detail. They do a bit more than the standard wash but won't scratch up your car.

You should probably stray away from machine car washes if you're looking to avoid scratches because the brushes will drag dirt through your paint. A waterless wash is another option, just use it with warm water in a bucket with a microfiber.