Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

EU Cybertruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can it be sold here? Even with a rubbish ncap score. But I suppose other legislative reasons. It’s it over 3.5t also?

Maybe they make a euro version. Unlikely I guess. Why tour it if it never happens here. Strange.

Will take a look at one:

IMG_3901.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw a YouTube video of the Cybertruck and some people in Europe are trying to import a US Cybertruck into the EU.

Its difficult as you can imagine, but the main concern is how wide the truck is. Its really not suited for UK roads.

Now - could Tesla "reshape" the Cybertruck to suit EU, of course they can, but they probably wont as it would mean completely redesigning parts of the vehicle to suit a small niche market.

I think this is more a marketing "tour" - Im interested in seeing it in the flesh for sure, simply because I want to see the hype but I doubt they would be selling the truck here in the EU. Too much needs to change for it to work out here. Shame really, because I do like it

Can it be sold here? Even with a rubbish ncap score. But I suppose other legislative reasons. It’s it over 3.5t also?

Pretty sure it can't. Doesn't conform to UNECE Reg 9 for Pedestrian Safety due to sharp edges. The same reg that banned pop-up headlights.
Indeed just a promo tour.

Unless they somehow wrap it in pool noodles as standard.... And indeed the 3.5t weight would mean that you would need a C1 licence + CPC to drive it. Which I doubt would appeal to many prospective buyers.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it can't. Doesn't conform to UNECE Reg 9 for Pedestrian Safety due to sharp edges. The same reg that banned pop-up headlights.
Indeed just a promo tour.

Unless they somehow wrap it in pool noodles as standard.... And indeed the 3.5t weight would mean that you would need a C1 licence + CPC to drive it. Which I doubt would appeal to many prospective buyers.
Weird that I read that 3 times as "Pot Noodles" before I realised what you meant.

• Funny
Reactions: boombap and WllXM
The Cybertrough is also steer by wire - no mechanical direct connection - and not allowed in the UK. However, The truck is a Lemon, an abomination of complete shite - its not useful as a car nor a truck - just a silly looking but suitable for those types that like to draw attention to themselves.

The 150.000 production target is also not going well - just 193 per week and every single one has to be recalled - no over the air update here - for a sticking throttle pedal - in the fully open position, and in 5 months of production that's 3828 troughs made.

With the pre orders running to 1.5 million - though hundreds of thousands have cancelled, It would take 19 years at the current production rate before one would be available to order. - Not fairing too well with a bit of rain either, the bullet proof special steel is rusting - you couldn't make it up.

The Cybertrough is also steer by wire - no mechanical direct connection - and not allowed in the UK. However, The truck is a Lemon, an abomination of complete shite - its not useful as a car nor a truck - just a silly looking but suitable for those types that like to draw attention to themselves.
Well, actually, steer by wire has been allowed since UNECE R79 Supplement 3 a couple years back.
The new Lexus RZ will be the first to be sold with it by year end.
It's a different approval system with a requirement for failsafes, but fully compliant in EU / UK and the rest of the world party to the treaty...

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN

The 150.000 production target is also not going well - just 193 per week and every single one has to be recalled - no over the air update here - for a sticking throttle pedal - in the fully open position, and in 5 months of production that's 3828 troughs made.

With the pre orders running to 1.5 million - though hundreds of thousands have cancelled, It would take 19 years at the current production rate before one would be available to order. - Not fairing too well with a bit of rain either, the bullet proof special steel is rusting - you couldn't make it up.
That is an awesome amount of FUD in a single post. Well done.

Well, actually, steer by wire has been allowed since UNECE R79 Supplement 3 a couple years back.
The new Lexus RZ will be the first to be sold with it by year end.
It's a different approval system with a requirement for failsafes, but fully compliant in EU / UK and the rest of the world party to the treaty...
I stand corrected, Thank you very much, genuinely didn't know that.

This reminds me of what many people said about the Model 3 at the time I brought Tesla stock.