Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emulate Tesla Alarm with Shortcuts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently, Tesla doesn't allow you to trigger the car alarm manually. But Tesla app provides shortcuts to do honk, flash light, etc. So I am wondering whether it is feasible to create a shortcut to repeat honk and flash light for X number of times to emulate the alarm. Has anyone done something similar?

How often did you use the panic button on the remote of previous vehicles?

As was pointed out recently, this 'feature' of almost all vehicles in the past decade and a half is seldom if ever used on purpose.

If you have a regular need for it, there may be other things you need to look at in your life. The first change is to always back into a parking spot so you can exit it quickly if people are attacking your while in your car (which makes a pretty decent weapon.)

The classic, "what if someone attacks me while at a public charger?" response is moot. The feature that needs to be added is an emergence eject from charging so we can escape. Until that happens, women, in particular, will be uncomfortable using public chargers on the edges of little used parking lots.

Upvote 0
I am trying to emulate panic alarm to be used remotely or while sitting in the car.
While in the car, the horn and lights are within EZ reach, so you can manually use them with abandon.

If you are a homeassistant home automation software user, you could set up an script to honk the horn and flash the lights repeatedly then assign a phone shortcut to trigger the script. The horn and headlight flash are exposed in the API available in homeassistant. This should work from anywhere on the planet, so long as your phone, and the car, have internet access.

• Helpful
Reactions: MitchMitch
Upvote 0
How often did you use the panic button on the remote of previous vehicles?

As was pointed out recently, this 'feature' of almost all vehicles in the past decade and a half is seldom if ever used on purpose.

If you have a regular need for it, there may be other things you need to look at in your life. The first change is to always back into a parking spot so you can exit it quickly if people are attacking your while in your car (which makes a pretty decent weapon.)

The classic, "what if someone attacks me while at a public charger?" response is moot. The feature that needs to be added is an emergence eject from charging so we can escape. Until that happens, women, in particular, will be uncomfortable using public chargers on the edges of little used parking lots.
I didn't need to use it in my previous ICE car but I didn't need to sit and charge. Having panic alarm in my key fob gives me peace of mind even though I've been fortunate not to use it in my ICE car. Time has changed the last few years and the criminals get emboldened. Carjacking happened in broad daylight. You can check YouTube to see how common it occurs. I like to prepare for all the necessary tools for the best outcome. I have never been in car accident - knock on wood. Does it mean I don't need to wear a seat belt? Some people said car alarm gets ignored. Does it mean car manufactures can cut cost by not installing alarm? Why SoS feature has been added? According to your argument, how often people will use SoS if ever?

Upvote 0
While in the car, the horn and lights are within EZ reach, so you can manually use them with abandon.

If you are a homeassistant home automation software user, you could set up an script to honk the horn and flash the lights repeatedly then assign a phone shortcut to trigger the script. The horn and headlight flash are exposed in the API available in homeassistant. This should work from anywhere on the planet, so long as your phone, and the car, have internet access.
It turned out it is quite easy to do with iOS shortcut. Just use the Repeat shortcut to achieve that.

Upvote 0