Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon reveals more about Tesla Energy demand and future revenue growth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

At the shareholder's meeting today, Elon revealed that Tesla has reanalyzed how many Gigawatts of battery storage the completed plant will be able to produce and he believes it could produce up to triple the amount they previously estimated, and that the mix may be more like 50/50 car batteries to storage batteries, not 70/30 as previously stated.

He also said that the revenue potential of Tesla Energy is greater than that of Tesla Motors vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and newtman
At the shareholder's meeting today, Elon revealed that Tesla has reanalyzed how many Gigawatts of battery storage the completed plant will be able to produce and he believes it could produce up to triple the amount they previously estimated, and that the mix may be more like 50/50 car batteries to storage batteries, not 70/30 as previously stated.

He also said that the revenue potential of Tesla Energy is greater than that of Tesla Motors vehicles.

Thanks for sharing this. The new Tesla Powerwall will actually not use any cells made in the Nevada factory but will use Samsung cells. And yes, the source of this information is just unconfirmed industry chatter.

Reactions: OregonHill
My understanding is that the Gigafactory will produce batteries for use in cars and for use in Tesla Energy products like the Powerwall and Powerpack. I think Elon is clear about that. The point of the Gigafactory is to drive down battery costs. Buying batteries from a third party like Samsunk will not accomplish that as effectively as will Tesla producing batteries at the Gigafactory.

Reactions: OregonHill

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 83
My understanding is that the Gigafactory will produce batteries for use in cars and for use in Tesla Energy products like the Powerwall and Powerpack. I think Elon is clear about that. The point of the Gigafactory is to drive down battery costs. Buying batteries from a third party like Samsunk will not accomplish that as effectively as will Tesla producing batteries at the Gigafactory.

Hope to learn the entire story at the tour 7/29 but it appears for now the first PowerWall will utilize Samsung...doubt that will last