Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreaded Front Motor Temporarily Disabled Fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had similar but not the “do not drive”. Front motor electronic bits (I understood the stuff that converts the energy from the battery to something the motor wants) was dead. Took about a week to fix under warranty, had a loan car whilst they did it.

I had power reduced, speed limited on Thursday. Fortunately it cleared after getting out of the car when charging at a supercharger as I had a long way to go.

Booked into SC Wednesday for investigation for which they want £198. Low running costs eh? Between service and repairs since warranty expired in November I’ll have spent over £1000 and that’s before any work is identified for this fault.

I had power reduced, speed limited on Thursday. Fortunately it cleared after getting out of the car when charging at a supercharger as I had a long way to go.

Booked into SC Wednesday for investigation for which they want £198. Low running costs eh? Between service and repairs since warranty expired in November I’ll have spent over £1000 and that’s before any work is identified for this fault.
It's there like a 7 year warranty on the battery and power train?