Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash cam video quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am driving a MX dec 2019.
I saw lots of dashcam videos on the internet and they are all very high quality.
A few weeks ago i had a small accident and wanted to send the files to the insurance. It appears that the recorded quality in my car is so bad that it is impossible to read the nr plate of the car that i wass pasding.
Does anyone have an idea how this can be? I use a professional Samsung USB stick for recording.
Thanx for your help!
BR
Energyman

Hi, I am driving a MX dec 2019.
I saw lots of dashcam videos on the internet and they are all very high quality.
A few weeks ago i had a small accident and wanted to send the files to the insurance. It appears that the recorded quality in my car is so bad that it is impossible to read the nr plate of the car that i wass pasding.
Does anyone have an idea how this can be? I use a professional Samsung USB stick for recording.
Thanx for your help!
BR
Energyman

That’s pretty common to not be able to read a plate with the dash cam quality in the Tesla. You might try to find a pro that can sharpen it up for you.

I would expect that the recorded video would be the same as the image you see when backing up the car in a parking lot. But the rcorded video quality in general is very bad in my car . Could it be due to bad quality or nearly full USB stick?