Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking/Squeaking control arm ball joint fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you point me to the 5 min fix pls? Tesla are saying it’s the front lower arm that is the issue? Will the 5 min fix resolve this ya think?
Did u read the whole thread?? all the answers are here...

By "5mi fix" i meant injecting grease under the boot. Ppl done it few different ways. See post #83 with a video.
There're videos of creaking/squeaking posted here as well for u to compare. Its possible ur issue might be different but its easy to segregate.

Hi yes I seen that and I’ve read the whole thread, but this particular post fix is related to the upper isn’t it? I was quoted for a lower arm . . The creaking does sound exactly the same however.
if it quacks like a duck lol
Add grease n eliminate the easiest possible issue.
If car is stationary n u have this noise, it can't be lower arm.. Tesla been wrong before...

if it quacks like a duck lol
Add grease n eliminate the easiest possible issue.
If car is stationary n u have this noise, it can't be lower arm.. Tesla been wrong before...
Mine would squeak by turning the wheel. Quick enough that the tech and I didn't have to leave for a test drive and I could convince them there was no need for $180 diag fee (I think that was the cost)

Reactions: brainhouston
My front end is creaking as well. Tesla has "remote" diagnosed and sent me an estimate in which they plan to replace the right and left front "air suspension height sensor assembly". $105 each for parts, and $129 each for labor. Plus general diagnostic fee. Seems dubious, but since I also have a Park Assist Unavailable problem (an ultra sonic sensor seems to have failed), I'll take it in and see if they change the diagnosis once they actually look at it.

My front end is creaking as well. Tesla has "remote" diagnosed and sent me an estimate in which they plan to replace the right and left front "air suspension height sensor assembly". $105 each for parts, and $129 each for labor. Plus general diagnostic fee. Seems dubious, but since I also have a Park Assist Unavailable problem (an ultra sonic sensor seems to have failed), I'll take it in and see if they change the diagnosis once they actually look at it.
Yah, that's not it. And those, you can easily lubricate with a can of spray.