Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Roadsters for sale in Menlo Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what was in the showroom today:

VIN 1108:
IMG_1027B.jpg

VIN: 281:
IMG_1029B.jpg

IMG_1037B.jpg

VIN 924:
IMG_1031B.jpg

VIN 994:
IMG_1033B.jpg

Don't know pricing.

There were a bunch more Roadsters outside that might be upcoming CPO models:
IMG_0991B.jpg

Including VIN 1297 (Just before mine!), 555, 1261, 161, 334, 105, 113, 1085, 323, and V19 (which was separated from the others and had a "do not drive" sign on it).

And finally, 1128 was there, but set aside:
IMG_0985B.jpg

IMG_0987B.jpg

IMG_0988B.jpg

IMG_1026B.jpg

IMG_1022B.jpg

IMG_1021B.jpg

I thought it interesting that this custom paint job had the standard paint armor kit applied afterwards.

Very cool to see that - thanks for the pics!:biggrin: Aside from a few certified preowned's that have shown up on cars.com, we really don't get to see what's on the Menlo Park lot from over here.

In the outside pic, on the right, is that a lightning green sport model?

Anything in Orange? I didn't see any in the pictures :(

I was there yesterday as well, after 3:30pm. There is an orange one in the back that I believe is for sale. It was there before xmas and parked with the fleet of roadsters. I don't think its a sport.

The singled out red/white roadster, as TEG pointed out being at the Detroit autoshow, interesting enough has a red paint job. The rest of the colors on the car being the white, black, and gray are all decals overlays.

There is an orange one in the back that I believe is for sale.

It wasn't outside with the others yesterday morning. Maybe it was in the shop being worked on...

On the multi-color Roadster, are you sure about the decals? Look at my close-up pictures - you can see the paint armor ridge, but not any ridges from paint colors. The "T" logo on the hood in particular looked painted. Anything weird about putting paint armor on top of both paint and decals?

Scary good, TEG:
View attachment 14267
View attachment 14268

Let me know if you want individual pictures/VIN. I think I snapped a pix and a VIN for every Roadster there - except the ones in service.

Thanks guys - wanted to get the info for the good people out there. Don't recall seeing preowned lightning green's until recently (e.g., in Honolulu). I would bet others are interested not only in the orange (adiggs) and the fusion red...

On the multi-color Roadster, are you sure about the decals? Look at my close-up pictures - you can see the paint armor ridge, but not any ridges from paint colors. The "T" logo on the hood in particular looked painted. Anything weird about putting paint armor on top of both paint and decals?

I believe white was the base paint color of that striped roadster. Yes, I'm certain those were decals. I saw that car for the 1st time there in December, walked up and it really grabbed my curiosity since it looked like a wicked paint job. I looked close at the color splits and saw the fine lip of the decal. Its the same decal that's used on the headlight that's Red. When I'm in there next I'll try to snap a closeup of the decals.

Its an eye catcher to say the least, a little too busy for my style though.

Anybody have any idea what their asking prices are for these?

Too bad so many of them are outside getting exposed to the elements.

I'll ask about pricing when I'm back next week for new tires.

Tesla has done a serious job getting the used demo Roadsters into shape before selling them. I've seen them replace windshields due to small pitting for instance. The demos were sold at list price minus $1K per thousand miles on the odometer.

If people who have traded in their Roadsters would tell us what Tesla paid them, we'd have a bottom end to work upwards from.

What I can tell you is the Tesla is offering VERY low prices to owners (like me) on a trade. I don't want to say how low given that I am still negotiating with them (or perhaps I should say HOPE to be negotiating with them) but what I can say is that they assume a $5000 refresh allowance, an even larger 'Marketing Fee' and then they add their profit. On top of all that they state that they will sell it for a number lower than any Roadster that I have ever seen trade.

Yes, I was very disappointed. I do want the company to earn a profit and succeed so I have very mixed feelings here.

Bottom line: we are all likely to do better, as will Tesla, if we sell privately.

I am posting mine on here tonight.

Pictures like this make me think EV-1. /sadface

Actually, I think it's cool that more people will get a chance to own a Roadster, feeling comfortable that Tesla has gone over them and warrants them from defects. There are already more Model S owners in the US than Roadster owners worldwide, and that will be close to a 10:1 ratio by the end of the year. And while Model S can be fun to drive, there's nothing like taking a friend for a test ride in a Roadster, and even if he tries hiding the grin on his face from his wife afterwards, his messed up hair gives it away.

I only wish I had enough hair to actually get messed up after driving.

I'm happy for the new Roadster owners. That's not what I meant.

I meant visually, the Roadster pictures...
attachment.php?attachmentid=14767&d=1358486666.jpg

... remind me of these two pictures:
EV1Before.jpg
EV1After.jpg

(The film can definitely make you somewhat emotional, even if you come late to the story.)