Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Computer screen has strange images [high fidelity park assist]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen images like these on their screen? I purchased a used 2023 Y from Carvana this week and then noticed these strange views!

Attachments

• IMG_5998.jpeg
    IMG_5998.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5986.jpeg
    IMG_5986.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5995.jpeg
    IMG_5995.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 7
A clear cam view would be nice. My partner's Lexus provides a crystal clear, color "bird's eye" view of surroundings. It's surprising that Tesla hasn't surpassed that yet.
For sure! It certainly looks like a faulty image on the screen not crystal clear high fidelity, even my friend who works for Tesla said have that checked out by Tesla service!

It's not a faulty image. Tesla vision now uses what is called the occupancy network. The cameras map the entire area around the vehicle into 3 dimensional cubes. it then tags the cubes as either occupied (something is in that space), or unoccupied (that space is empty). One advantage of this over the ultra sonic sensors is that it can identify overhangs that might contact the vehicle even though the area at ground level is clear.

The images you see are a reinterpretation of the occupancy network data. The network was designed to provide data to the FSD computer, not to the driver per se. I suspect the images the driver sees will improve over time.

More info: A Look at Tesla's Occupancy Networks

Reactions: Resist and Mr.S3XY
It's not a faulty image. Tesla vision now uses what is called the occupancy network. The cameras map the entire area around the vehicle into 3 dimensional cubes. it then tags the cubes as either occupied (something is in that space), or unoccupied (that space is empty). One advantage of this over the ultra sonic sensors is that it can identify overhangs that might contact the vehicle even though the area at ground level is clear.

The images you see are a reinterpretation of the occupancy network data. The network was designed to provide data to the FSD computer, not to the driver per se. I suspect the images the driver sees will improve over time.

More info: A Look at Tesla's Occupancy Networks
This is incredibly helpful, and explains so much. Thanks for sharing!