Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complete stop on MX 90D 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this only applies to early production cars. So, here's the deal: Model X 90D 2016. Can someone explain to me why, when I release the accelerator pedal, the car keeps rolling but doesn't come to a complete stop? It's especially annoying on uphill slopes when the car starts rolling backward or downhill when it rolls forward. I have to press the brake to make it stop and engage the brakes. Autopilot works fine; it comes to a full stop at the set distance. But when Autopilot is off... Read above. Regenerative brake put on MAX in the settings. In the Model 3 and Model Y, the car holds in place using the electric motor and rolls to a complete stop when you release the accelerator pedal. This issue on my car should and can be resolved with a simple software update. Why doesn't Tesla do this?

Maybe this only applies to early production cars. So, here's the deal: Model X 90D 2016. Can someone explain to me why, when I release the accelerator pedal, the car keeps rolling but doesn't come to a complete stop? It's especially annoying on uphill slopes when the car starts rolling backward or downhill when it rolls forward. I have to press the brake to make it stop and engage the brakes. Autopilot works fine; it comes to a full stop at the set distance. But when Autopilot is off... Read above. Regenerative brake put on MAX in the settings. In the Model 3 and Model Y, the car holds in place using the electric motor and rolls to a complete stop when you release the accelerator pedal. This issue on my car should and can be resolved with a simple software update. Why doesn't Tesla do this?

You will always need to apply brakes to stop the car in the 16. You can disable creep and the car will hold on a hill or decline as long as you have applied the brakes.

Reactions: gsxdsm