Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Wrap (Vinyl, Pasti-dip, etc.) in Maryland suburbs of DC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kendallpb

Model S: P 8061
Oct 29, 2010
MD, USA
Any recommendations for some place in the Maryland suburbs (north of DC, like Silver Spring, Rockville, etc.) or closer in - or even in the Tysons or Falls Church areas (near work for us) - for a place that does a great job? My other half's getting a Model X very soon (I have a Model S, unwrapped), and wants to get a wrap done to give it a different color (more interesting than the Tesla options).

I've searched the forums but am focused mainly on finding a good place near us, but I've seen lots of cool pix, and comments regarding the best brand (3M, Avery, is there anything else?) are also welcome. ;-) But mainly, I'm hoping to find a well-recommended place just north of DC (or, failing that, near or on the way to our work in Falls Church).

Thanks in advance!

Surprised no one has responded! I am getting my X in 3 weeks and have spoken to Driven Dynamics in Rockville, and Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Fairfax Co., VA. DD has much better pricing. Another poster here mentioned Front Guard in Annapolis, which was even more expensive than EVW.

Separately, can you recommend an electrician to install my NEMA outlet/wall charger?

Hello Allante,

I think you have the three local vendors covered... I used front guard in Annapolis. Pricey but I got what I paid for and cannot speak more highly of the excellent service they have provided... Cheap no, worth it yes... and arguably already paid for...

As to the NEMA outlet in your garage... If the panel is already in your garage its a very easy install and should not take more than an hour or two at most .. the parts for mine were less than $40 at HD... so let this guide your pricing for what you should pay.

We bought a $399 Nissan Leaf Charge on Amazon and have been thrilled with it....

Anything else I can help with or if you would like to check out my wrap... let me know! :)

Allante: Sorry, I never posted back here, did I! My other half went with a purple (I know!) wrap at Absolute Perfection in Sykesville, MD. It looks wonderful and he's due for his post-wrap inspection/touch-up soon.

Here are some samples (if this works; I haven't used this forum much since the massive revamp).

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 284
  • P1130365.jpg
    P1130365.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: jthompson