Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, after 21 days of sitting at "received but not yet approved", the Where's My Refund tool updated it's answer to "we will need to verify your identity; look for a letter from the IRS in your postal mail." Still waiting on that letter to arrive after 10+ days. Based on other's experiences, even after getting that letter and verifying identity via web or phone, it may be another 3-9 weeks before the refund arrives. So the wait continues.

Can someone tell me if my accountant filled out the credit form correctly? He says its his first time claiming this credit.

Attachments

• PXL_20240320_155139645.jpg
    PXL_20240320_155139645.jpg
    650.2 KB · Views: 17
Here is my update.
Today I just received the direct deposit from IRS after 30 days my e-file was accepted.
But, they had changed the amount which is $7500 less than I should receive.
So, I called the IRS and left the call back number. 18 minutes later, an IRS agent called me back.
When I asked why I got less $7500, he said because my VIN does not match with their e-file database.
He asked me to repeat the VIN for him. And I think my VIN is correct and somehow their database is mess up.
I think he also aware of this VIN issue. He told me not to worry and he can fix it for me.
He put me on hold for 7 minutes and, came back and said he fixed the problem.
He told me that I will receive 2nd payment ($7500) within 5 weeks, either direct deposit or paper check by mail.
The whole thing just take less than 30 minutes. I am so glad that I talked to him.
He was a super nice gentleman. He even apologized for the delay. He also mentioned that 2023 EV credit has a lot of new changes.
Maybe that is the reason their system messed up.

Attachments

• 20240319_192948.png
    20240319_192948.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Thanks for sharing. It looks like take more than 4 weeks to get the refund In TX due to the Ev credit claim.
I think it will also take more than 4 weeks in CA.
Do you know how much you owe the IRS? Maybe you don't owe enough money to get the credit.
I will post the update as soon as I have one.
They corrected it on their end. It was an error on the IRS side, the $7,500 deposit is pending in my bank account as of today.

Reactions: Wen888 and Skavatar
Here is my update.
Today I just received the direct deposit from IRS after 30 days my e-file was accepted.
But, they had changed the amount which is $7500 less than I should receive.
So, I called the IRS and left the call back number. 18 minutes later, an IRS agent called me back.
When I asked why I got less $7500, he said because my VIN does not match with their e-file database.
He asked me to repeat the VIN for him. And I think my VIN is correct and somehow their database is mess up.
I think he also aware of this VIN issue. He told me not to worry and he can fix it for me.
He put me on hold for 7 minutes and, came back and said he fixed the problem.
He told me that I will receive 2nd payment ($7500) within 5 weeks, either direct deposit or paper check by mail.
The whole thing just take less than 30 minutes. I am so glad that I talked to him.
He was a super nice gentleman. He even apologized for the delay. He also mentioned that 2023 EV credit has a lot of new changes.
Maybe that is the reason their system messed up.
Exact same experience here. Took the IRS agents I spoke to a little longer than 7 minutes to resolve but thankfully I arrived at the same outcome 😅

Reactions: Wen888 and Skavatar
Since my last update, I received the postal mail "here's the info to verify your identity" notice and went through those steps. I'm now hopefully in the "2-9 weeks to process your return" window, and still waiting to see if the tax credit is applied on the first try or held back as others have seen.

Does anyone know if you purchase the car under your business, does the price cap of $80,000 still stay in place? Im putting the car under my business, and I see a car in stock for $81,000 wondering if business has the same tax rule for car MSRP

Does anyone know if you purchase the car under your business, does the price cap of $80,000 still stay in place? Im putting the car under my business, and I see a car in stock for $81,000 wondering if business has the same tax rule for car MSRP
Look at the window sticker for price BEFORE Destination and Delivery That is the number that determines if the vehicle qualifies or not.

My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning EV Extended Range Lariat truck had a bottom line "TOTAL MSRP $81,840" and "TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS/OTHER 79,845.00" It qualified

Attachments

• Lightning Windew Sricker.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
They corrected it on their end. It was an error on the IRS side, the $7,500 deposit is pending in my bank account as of today.
Can someone give me the number to call? the IRS site tells me to call 1800-829-0582 ext 332 and that just goes to an endless automated loop with recordings and no way to get a live person. I tried 1800-829-1040 and tried a bunch of options and also couldn't get to a live operater. Googled and still no dice. Maybe I'm special?

Can someone give me the number to call? the IRS site tells me to call 1800-829-0582 ext 332 and that just goes to an endless automated loop with recordings and no way to get a live person. I tried 1800-829-1040 and tried a bunch of options and also couldn't get to a live operater. Googled and still no dice. Maybe I'm special?
Well the good thing is I discovered the 10 step maze to get to an agent only for her to "help" me for 50 minutes and then tell me the system is down and she can't help me and she can send proof in, but she doesn't know the actual or department I should be sending it in to. Awesome.

I used Turbo tax both this and last year. It immediately picked up that my 2023 income was too high and said it would use my 2022’s income which was just shy of the limit and gave me the full credit. I was a little nervous how that was going to work as a knew going in my 2023 was over the limit, but knew I was eligible due to 2022. Worked like a charm! What a relief.