Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas gift for my Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know its just a product, but I hate it when ppl misuse the term HUD. A HUD is a totally different (and much cooler) piece of hardware which projects information on your windshield... you know, so you can keep your head up and look at the road.

The thing is binnacle or instrument cluster just dont have the same ring to it so companies like to call them HUDs.

That said, thats a cool, non intrusive, little display. I likely would have gotten one when I first got my Y, but I've gotten so used to the stock setup

I know its just a product, but I hate it when ppl misuse the term HUD. A HUD is a totally different (and much cooler) piece of hardware which projects information on your windshield... you know, so you can keep your head up and look at the road.

The thing is binnacle or instrument cluster just dont have the same ring to it so companies like to call them HUDs.

That said, thats a cool, non intrusive, little display. I likely would have gotten one when I first got my Y, but I've gotten so used to the stock setup

It’s all a sales tactic but I find it to be a cool little option and helpful. A true heads up display for Tesla would be great. I love the HUD I had in my previous cars.

It’s all a sales tactic but I find it to be a cool little option and helpful. A true heads up display for Tesla would be great. I love the HUD I had in my previous cars.

My friend just got a BMW X6 and the HUD is amazing. It's HUGE! I have one in my other car that shows throttle, speed, and stuff like that, but it's like 1/4 the size of that BMWs, I am jealous