Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging to 100% in the morning and leave at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Err ... just charge your car the way you need to use it and forget about the rest. Really, the batter management system is top notch already. Any differences between your manual charging habits is marginal ... like a couple % in the long run. There is a lot of data on this forum about long-term degradation and how it's relatively flat after a while. You bought a really well-engineered car so just use it!

- K

Regarding the question f charging on the way, I could stop for few mins at a supercharger but would require 30 mins detour all in + 15 mins charging!

In normal circumstances I wouldn't mind that much but we are awaited for dinner on that night and don't want to arrive later than needed!

How will you charge when you get there to make it home? Agree about just charging to 100% since you need the range and it is only a few times a year.

How will you charge when you get there to make it home? Agree about just charging to 100% since you need the range and it is only a few times a year.

That's the next question!
Looking at what my options are but likely that I will have to charge enough at that supercharger to make it back there after the weekend!;-)

Thanks for all ur input, I do think it makes sense!
Can't wait to receive the car now!

Good luck. If you can might be worth leaving that hour early to go to Supercharger. Charge to 80% to get to dinner and back to Supercharger on your way home. Good luck. If there is a CHAdeMO charger at your destination that would help. Would need the adapter of course.