Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caution in snow if you have Tesla mud flaps.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed one of mine is gone - was on passenger side. I ordered another set, but will I need to replace these every winter? Ugh.
Posted on another thread as well…I have the RPM mud flaps and can’t recommend them either. The”cup” design traps snow which then freezes, you go over a bump/driveway and they simply break off. I’ve gone through 2 LF flaps and RPM won’t replace one so you have to buy a whole new set. Somehow, buying a couple complete sets every winter doesn’t seem sustainable. Disappointed to hear the Tesla flaps might not be any better. I was hoping the flat surface might not pack in as much snow and be a bit more durable??

Posted on another thread as well…I have the RPM mud flaps and can’t recommend them either. The”cup” design traps snow which then freezes, you go over a bump/driveway and they simply break off. I’ve gone through 2 LF flaps and RPM won’t replace one so you have to buy a whole new set. Somehow, buying a couple complete sets every winter doesn’t seem sustainable. Disappointed to hear the Tesla flaps might not be any better. I was hoping the flat surface might not pack in as much snow and be a bit more durable??
Tesla mud flaps won't collect any snow. They can be ripped off when the car is in reverse and there is a snow pile. The snow pushes them against a tire and plastic connectors break or unplug.

Tesla mud flaps won't collect any snow. They can be ripped off when the car is in reverse and there is a snow pile. The snow pushes them against a tire and plastic connectors break or unplug.
Thanks! That’s what it sounded like from a couple of the other posts. I think I can do a better job of trying to avoid that than trying to keep snow from collecting behind the wheels. I hope I can?