Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Window sticker price different than what I paid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should be looking for a refund not a new window sticker. You bought a pre-price increased vehicle and should pay accordingly.
That’s not how that works. Traditional dealerships get new window stickers all the time with price increases and simply replace the ones currently on the cars. If the cars are the same year and everything is equal the MSRP is always the same regardless of production date. There is no reason for Tesla to be any different in this regard

Unfortunately the poster that says dealers get new window stickers is not a true statement. I’m a retired car dealer after 40 years in the business, 25 of them owning three different manufacturers. Dealers never get new window stickers when a price is increased, those inventoried vehicles are owned by the dealer and considered “Old Price” The dealer is free to charge whatever they’d like but the window sticker is the window sticker it’s that simple. If not, the manufacturer would have to raise the invoice cost of the old stock vehicles to match the new higher priced ones and charge the dealer the increased difference in the cost to match which would never happen. Again, the dealer already owns these vehicles. The only time a new sticker is sent to a dealer is when there’s a mistake in the verbiage or equipment, etc. at which point the dealer is asked to replace the sticker. Also, a dealer can charge whatever they want for a vehicle regardless of the sticker price, MSRP is exactly that, Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, it’s not uncommon for a dealer to lose money on a vehicle that needs to sell wether it’s aged inventory, a poor seller, etc. Conversely, a “Hot Model” hard to get or short supply vehicle may sell for a premium. Unless things have changed in the five years since I retired or Tesla operates differently since these are factory run stores would be news to me but I highly doubt it.
Ask for your money back!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333