Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car still hasn't entered production. Will I get power liftgate as standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed the order almost a month ago after the announcement that 60 option is being discontinued. Did not get PUP and the car hasn't entered production yet.

Anyone in the same boat as me? Did you guys speak to your DS? Do you know if we'll be getting the power liftgate included even though it wasn't standard option then?

My DS is on leave and I'd love to get an answer like.. now :D

So my OA reached out to corporate. No luck. Even though it's now included standard on the model S, the orders placed when it was not standard will not get the power liftgate if the order didn't include PUP. :(

Oh well.. still excited to get the car. Another month to go! :)

But does that mean that for a $500 change fee you around get a S75 with the power lift gate? Assuming you were getting the glass roof before.

You can switch to the new order book and get rear lift gate included. Unfortunately I can't switch to the new order book because I have smart air suspension selected and I'd lose that if I switch to the new order book. I have panoramic roof selected so the glass roof price drop doesn't affect me.

I also asked if merely paying $1500 to upgrade to 75 (+$500 change fee) would get me the lift gate. Unfortunately, no. I can get the 75 for the $2k payment but I still wont get the lift gate.

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike