Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seats - How do you route the center anchor strap for a forward facing seat in the back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same dilemma last year when I got my car. I assume you saw what the manual says. I asked the SC folks about this but they had nothing better to offer. I installed it as per manual. The headrest seems to be designed to deform slightly and not permanently. When I took the car seat out a couple of times, the headrest mostly came back to its original shape. I still think this is really poorly thought out by Tesla.

I did it the way the manual suggests, over the middle of the headrest. It’s been in there for a month or so. Even if the headrest doesn’t ever quite recover, it’s much more important to me that the child seat is installed for maximum child safety. That’s from a guy who babies his car, tries not to drive it in bad weather, parks way out to avoid door dings, loves the leather, and keeps it looking new. Still there’s no comparison, I’ll swap any amount of deformed headrest for even slightly better protection of that all important child.

Reactions: Dsancho