Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car just became available. Should I be weary?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just called and said that a model became available in my config. I asked why the initial person refused delivery and he said oh their financing fell through. Should I be worried that the first person rejected the car for cosmetic or other reasons? Any insights would be great!

My service center had so many model Y's sitting in the lot, most of which have all the tesla delivery tags, some having california temp tags - and most being in the 20k VIN range. There were hardly any cars with a vin over 40k.... really strange. Wonder if those were rejects that were sent back to california, fixed, and shipped back out? Maybe I'm the only one creeping on my service center lot.... lol.

Unfortunately I just rejected delivery after two months of excitement. Rear hatch had a firmest issue. Passenger front door didn’t seal at all. Rear bumper corner was loose. Windshield figment. Delivery manager said two of the four were abnormal and could be fixed. Next service appointment. Was three weeks out. So it would be well passed 7 day return. I felt too much risk was on me for a 55k car. Oh well. We will see.