Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't find the metal on metal rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 a month ago and have noticed a rattle coming from the back rear seats that sounds like a loose seat latch rattling around. I happens when I go over bumps or rough roads regardless of whether or not someone is sitting in the back.

It's maddening because I can't duplicate the sound by shaking anything around back there.

Anyone run into this problem or have any clue what it might be?

Can you post a picture of where I should be looking to see if the clips are broken?

Open the rear door and it's the clips under the bottom plastic on the inside door panel. Service center knew exactly what it was when I went in. Seems like it's a common issue they are aware off. I never tracked down which clip. Since it's been fixed 4 months ago I have not experienced it again. Mine was on the rear passenger door.

I took delivery of my Model 3 a month ago and have noticed a rattle coming from the back rear seats that sounds like a loose seat latch rattling around. I happens when I go over bumps or rough roads regardless of whether or not someone is sitting in the back.

It's maddening because I can't duplicate the sound by shaking anything around back there.

Anyone run into this problem or have any clue what it might be?

Did you ever end up finding anything out?