Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my MSLR this weekend in Montreal... No real quality issues. Missing the rear trunk inside "separator". They will deliver when available. The rest looks great.

View attachment 715637
Please send more ext/interior pics…looks beautiful congrats! I’ve been an Ms owner since 2015. So curious about the yoke and how it’s drives practically.

Where is everyone now with the white interiors?

LR blue/white 19 RN1144 - blank
MSLR Black/Black, Ordered July 3. Original Del date was Sep/Oct. Changed to Dec/Jan. Then got an Email/Text 2 days ago - picking up tomorrow.
Wow that is amazing! Hope it happens to me…. Ordered in June, showing Dec-Jan delivery but mine has white interior, that could be a problem

Wow that is amazing! Hope it happens to me…. Ordered in June, showing Dec-Jan delivery but mine has white interior, that could be a problem
I went by the Tesla delivery location on GNWay, they had a shipment with some Plaids and LR's. Didn't get the full spec but they looked like they were probably black interiors, one black Plaid was outside. IIRC a white LR had the Tempest wheels. The Plaid was awaiting the owner to come pick it up.

Last edited:
Plaid black/black/19 picked up today in Vancouver. What a car.

IMG_4868A58B8D2F-1.jpeg

From Vancouver island. ordered my plaid in september actually and was told that I would get delivery in Jan-feb 2022. Just got emailed this past monday that mine is here!! Imagine my surprise when they called me....apparently due to my colour combo which is grey with cream interior which is super rare I was able to get it!! picking it up from richmond vancouver today....going to bank to get bank draft today!! will post photo once i get it

Ordered May, received September 24th. Long Range White on Black interior on 19" with Auto Pilot. Picked up in Toronto

The fit and finish on my model S is horrible. Probably the worst car i have ever owned (doors, hood, trunk all not aligned). My 21 F150 is 1000x better in fit and finish over this car. Have an appointment with Tesla in october to try and resolve. Regardless. what blast to drive.

one thing to note, so many features are missing on this car relative to the US. no car wash mode, no disney +, obviously no FSD Beta, no auto park, crippled summons. Very unfortunate.

Looking at winter tires - cant find the right answer, but can we go with 245/45/19" tires all round as opposed to teh staggered setup?

Reactions: Bobchahal
Ordered May, received September 24th. Long Range White on Black interior on 19" with Auto Pilot. Picked up in Toronto

The fit and finish on my model S is horrible. Probably the worst car i have ever owned (doors, hood, trunk all not aligned). My 21 F150 is 1000x better in fit and finish over this car. Have an appointment with Tesla in october to try and resolve. Regardless. what blast to drive.

one thing to note, so many features are missing on this car relative to the US. no car wash mode, no disney +, obviously no FSD Beta, no auto park, crippled summons. Very unfortunate.

Looking at winter tires - cant find the right answer, but can we go with 245/45/19" tires all round as opposed to teh staggered setup?
Congrats on your S delivery, sorry to hear about your fit and finish issues, keep us posted on their resolutions.

Curious as to what tires you received, Pirelli summers or Conti A/S?

I also couldn't find the right answer, but I doubt 8.5" wheels can be fitted on the rear which comes with 10.5" rims.

Assuming I receive my LR S in December (Oakville, ON), I’ll need winter tires as well. I have stock 19” wheels ordered. I hear there’s a shortage of winter tires so want to get my order in soon. What size winter tires should I be looking for? Will probably get on rims so I have a different set for winter and non-winter driving.

Assuming I receive my LR S in December (Oakville, ON), I’ll need winter tires as well. I have stock 19” wheels ordered. I hear there’s a shortage of winter tires so want to get my order in soon. What size winter tires should I be looking for? Will probably get on rims so I have a different set for winter and non-winter driving.
You're best to ask a service advisor at this point. In the past, winter tires start on the website in Octoberish to get an idea of sizing.

Also, these guys are usually good for looking at - T-Sportline. At least you can get the sizing - 255/45/19s (and can view wheel/tire combos) 19" Tesla Wheel & Tire Packages - Model S Long Range & Plaid (June 2021 - Present)

You're best to ask a service advisor at this point. In the past, winter tires start on the website in Octoberish to get an idea of sizing.

Also, these guys are usually good for looking at - T-Sportline. At least you can get the sizing - 255/45/19s (and can view wheel/tire combos) 19" Tesla Wheel & Tire Packages - Model S Long Range & Plaid (June 2021 - Present)
Spence Tires in GTA has packages for all Teslas.

DIRECT FIT FLOW FORMED R241 REPLICA WHEEL. Available in Satin Black or Space Grey.
- 3 Year Finish Warranty
- Lifetime structural Warranty
- FREE Installation
- Includes TPMS Sensors

19" Package
4 x 245/45/19 Winter Tires
OPTION 1 - Michelin X-Ice SNOW $2299 + HST
OPTION 2 - Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 $2399 + HST

$100 Deposit to reserve.

SpenceTIRE inc.
1-90 Melford Drive
Scarborough ON M1B 2A1
416-299-7730
Tues-Sat 10am-7pm
By Appointment Only

Follow us on Instagram @Spencetire.inc

Reactions: TrevTremaine
DIRECT FIT FLOW FORMED R241 REPLICA WHEEL. Available in Satin Black or Space Grey.
- 3 Year Finish Warranty
- Lifetime structural Warranty
- FREE Installation
- Includes TPMS Sensors

19" Package
4 x 245/45/19 Winter Tires
OPTION 1 - Michelin X-Ice SNOW $2299 + HST
OPTION 2 - Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 $2399 + HST

$100 Deposit to reserve.

SpenceTIRE inc.
1-90 Melford Drive
Scarborough ON M1B 2A1
416-299-7730
Tues-Sat 10am-7pm
By Appointment Only

Follow us on Instagram @Spencetire.inc
how wide are those R241?

If I have this wrong, please feel free to correct me, but if you have 19" winter wheels and tires from your previous Model S, I don't see why you can't use them on the new model.

The previous winter tires that Tesla sold were 245/45/R19 and the current ones are 255/45/R19. The difference in the total diameter of the wheel+tire in these two setups is less than 1%, which will have no significant impact on speedometer functioning or driving.

With respect to the wheels, the new stock 19" wheels are 10" wide with a 40mm offset in the front, and a 32mm offset in the rear. The previous winter tires from Tesla are 8.5" wide with a 35mm offset. This means that if you put the 8.5" winter winter wheels on the new Tesla, the front winter wheels will have 24mm more clearance on the inner aspect, and the outer aspect will sit 14mm more retracted. On the rear tires, that changes to 16mm more clearance on the inner aspect, and 22mm more retracted on the outer aspect.

I don't see how going to a smaller width tire, with more clearance, could be a problem unless there's safety ramifications that I'm unaware of? I had thought the change to wider tires, and different offsets was likely done for performance purposes, something I'm not concerned about when talking winter wheels. Please correct me if I've made any errors with this.

Yes, the fit and finish is lacking. A lot of cosmetic stuff, but the bigger issue was the front passenger door didn't close properly. They tinkered with it a bit and said "it should get better over time". My wife's car, she had a 2015 MS. 1 day in and about 100km of mostly highway driving, her basic take on the yoke is Highway good, parking bad.

Yes, the fit and finish is lacking. A lot of cosmetic stuff, but the bigger issue was the front passenger door didn't close properly. They tinkered with it a bit and said "it should get better over time". My wife's car, she had a 2015 MS. 1 day in and about 100km of mostly highway driving, her basic take on the yoke is Highway good, parking bad.
Intriguing. Been through 3 diff MS since 2015 and by 2018 the finish was actually great. Sad to see they went back a notch. Getting better over time is the standard response yep. I’d book a service appt and have it rectified.

Yoke…so as opposed to a wheel which is is highway good, parking good, turning good, resting hand good, one hand on top driving good. 😂 will you get used to it?

I’m wondering if it’s the yoke or the fact that stalks don’t exist anymore. My thought is is they kept the stalks for signals, wipers etc…may have been an easier transition?

Reactions: Aleks0404