Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you drive while in party mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must have missed something. What is Party Mode?
Thought it would be useful as it leaves the 12v plugs and USBs on. Turns out Sentry Mode does as well which is how I kept my 12v fridge working on my recent 8K roadtrip.

Elon Musk described the feature in a tweet:
We’re adding a “party & camper mode” soon to S/3/X, so your car can maintain air flow, temp, selective lights, music & power devices for 48 hours or more while parked. Big batteries rock…

Thought it would be useful as it leaves the 12v plugs and USBs on. Turns out Sentry Mode does as well which is how I kept my 12v fridge working on my recent 8K roadtrip.

Elon Musk described the feature in a tweet:
I recall hearing about that. Those modes have not yet been added to the vehicle. The closest options are "Keep Climate On" and "Dog Mode" but they don't fully encompass the true "Party" features speculated based on the tweet.

I recall hearing about that. Those modes have not yet been added to the vehicle. The closest options are "Keep Climate On" and "Dog Mode" but they don't fully encompass the true "Party" features speculated based on the tweet.
I'm confused by your comment because most people have Sentry Mode available to them (I have a HW 2.0 X). The USBs and 12v plugs turn on when you have Sentry Mode=ON. Easy to verify by plugging your phone into the 2nd row, as an example, while sitting in the back seat and use your phone to toggle Sentry Mode ON and OFF. Again, I used Sentry Mode recently on a 8K roadtrip to keep my 12v fridge on at night while not in the X.

I'm confused by your comment because most people have Sentry Mode available to them (I have a HW 2.0 X). The USBs and 12v plugs turn on when you have Sentry Mode=ON. Easy to verify by plugging your phone into the 2nd row, as an example, while sitting in the back seat and use your phone to toggle Sentry Mode ON and OFF. Again, I used Sentry Mode recently on a 8K roadtrip to keep my 12v fridge on at night while not in the X.
I apologize, I was only referring to modes that would be similar to the "party mode" described in the tweet. While Sentry Mode is available, and may accomplish keeping the ports in the car powered, I wouldn't presonally place it in the same classification as the other "modes" myself.

Reactions: scottf200