Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat Protection: *solved* issue of not turning on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had the common problem of "Cabin Overheat Protection" NOT turning on.

We tried every tip we found online (turn setting on/off. reboot. turn off sentry. park/drive/park. etc..), and none of the tips worked.

What DID work was removing the 2nd user profile from the Tesla Y.

Once we deleted this second user profile, the cabin overheat protection worked properly.

Even though the 2nd user profile also had cabin overheat protection turned on - the same setting as the 1st user profile - cabin overheat protection never worked.

I don't know, but I suspect that the tesla software is getting the setting confused as profile management can be a finicky software problem.

I just booked a service appointment with Tesla after my COP stopped functioning. Battery well over 50%. Car was parked with it turned off for more than 12 hours. Tried a thumb wheel reset. No joy. Tried it with Sentry Mode Off. No joy. Not going to delete profiles, though. Diagnostic estimate is $220. Ouch. Hoping to figure it out in the next few days on my own so I can cancel service.

I just booked a service appointment with Tesla after my COP stopped functioning. Battery well over 50%. Car was parked with it turned off for more than 12 hours. Tried a thumb wheel reset. No joy. Tried it with Sentry Mode Off. No joy. Not going to delete profiles, though. Diagnostic estimate is $220. Ouch. Hoping to figure it out in the next few days on my own so I can cancel service.

I thought mine wasn't working so set up an appointment. They did a remote diagnosis and said its working fine...I'd go that route before you pay anything.

I wound up trying all sorts of things, including uninstalling and re-installing the app software, rebooted the car at least twice, then suddenly, over the weekend, I noticed "cabin overheat protection" appearing under the climate heading on the app for the first time since the trouble began. I'm guessing they were able to figure something out remotely and got it going again, so I canceled the service appointment. I had sent them a couple of screen shots of the time out errors I was seeing and they asked for the specific time they occurred. Anyway, problem solved, for now, at least. Cheers.