Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
DSC01878.jpeg

For sale Available Cabin Air Filter Moisture Barrier Clip (Bad Smell Preventer) for Tesla Model Y and 3

$10.00
93422 Atascadero California, United States
Available for
  1. Local pickup
  2. Shipping
Related vehicle
  1. Model 3
  2. Model Y

Details

After extensive testing, YouTuber Adam Davenport found that a plastic clip on the bottom of the Tesla Model 3 or Model Y cabin air filter helps keep moisture from saturating the filter and causing that foul vinegar/moldy/cheesy/feet smell! Check out Adam’s video below for testing and installation details.

His clip design is available to make yourself, but we made changes to ours to improve the ease of installation and fit with the Tesla OEM filters. The clips are Made in USA from recycled PETG plastic.

Bad Smell Preventer/Moisture Barrier for Tesla Model Y&3 Air Filter

DSC01878.jpeg
Moisture Barrier Clip Installation.jpeg
Moisture Barrier Clip Manufacturing.jpeg
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone try this? I am going to order one and see if it works.
I’m really curious myself. Please let us know how it works.
I have the problem basically solved on my car by hardly if ever using the recirculate setting.
It seems like it separates the filter from the frame holding it to prevent water wicking up the filter but wouldn’t that allow some air to bypass he filters?

’m really curious myself. Please let us know how it works.
I have the problem basically solved on my car by hardly if ever using the recirculate setting.
It seems like it separates the filter from the frame
The plastic clip blocks moisture from blowing against that location on the side of filter body and developing that funk. It's not so much dependent on the slight lift from the clip.

So far with my 3d printed version of this I haven’t had any issues yet. A lot of rain but not much hot days but so far no issues. I will update later. I will say that the 3d printer version is a tight fit and I had to trim the wings a little to get it to fit over my filter.

Reactions: whisperingshad