Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Bubble on the side of my tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed a tangerine sized bubble on the side of my rear tire. My 2018 Model S has less than 20k of mileage but I have a Tesla service appointment for next Tuesday.

Will Tesla replace the tire free of charge? Is it dangerous to drive with this bubble until Tuesday? Should I just cancel the appointment and buy a replacement tire right away?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

imo, bubble on sidewall becomes weakest point & highly likely to pop... I'd get a replacement... that's a blowout waiting to happen....I hit a pothole last month an blew both left sides on my S... doesn't take much, be safe.

I just noticed a tangerine sized bubble on the side of my rear tire. My 2018 Model S has less than 20k of mileage but I have a Tesla service appointment for next Tuesday.

Will Tesla replace the tire free of charge? Is it dangerous to drive with this bubble until Tuesday? Should I just cancel the appointment and buy a replacement tire right away?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Replace now and no the tyre will not be replaced free by Tesla. You may get a discount from a tyre shop.

Is it dangerous to drive with this bubble until Tuesday? Should I just cancel the appointment and buy a replacement tire right away?

You are definitely on borrowed time if you're still driving on a damaged sidewall. If the tire blows out before you replace it, you'll probably have a damaged rim as well.

I've had this happen twice, and both times it was from hitting a bad pothole.

Curious...does the tire look like this:
19164660-7525869-image-a-2_1569948143103.jpg