Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 MXP bluetooth audio keeps reconnecting after I leave the vehicle and lock the car. I’m at work or home and car is parked within BT distance. Any advice would be appreciated. I did a search prior to posting but may have missed it if this was addressed already

I guess you don't really mean bluetooth audio as the title says right? Are you simply looking at the Tesla notification on your cell phone? If so, I believe this just means the phone app has a connection to the car through bluetooth, that has nothing to do with audio. It can send some of the commands through BT instead of going through the internet connection, That's all. There's no audio involved and it is not a problem.

I can’t turn off Bluetooth on my phone because I need it for other devices. Even if I'm stationary outside my car and have audio coming out of iphone speakers and listening to a podcast or watching YouTube, it will switch randomly to Tesla BT and the audio goes to my car. No interaction from me. Not moving closer to car to elicit the switch. This isn’t all the time. Sometimes after I exit my car and lock it, BT is disconnected and everything is fine. Only occasionally does BT still remain connected

I can’t turn off Bluetooth on my phone because I need it for other devices. Even if I'm stationary outside my car and have audio coming out of iphone speakers and listening to a podcast or watching YouTube, it will switch randomly to Tesla BT and the audio goes to my car. No interaction from me. Not moving closer to car to elicit the switch. This isn’t all the time. Sometimes after I exit my car and lock it, BT is disconnected and everything is fine. Only occasionally does BT still remain connected
It's not a random as you think, but most people would say it is random.

When the phone and the car get into a position where they can hear each other, they'll connect to each other. If your phone is in your font pocket, it will hear you better when going to the car. If is in back pocket, it will hear you better when leaving.

If you are inside, you can try putting some metal between the phone and the car. Just placing your phone on different parts of your desk will usually make a difference.