Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote a little program that runs and downloads the video files from the camera onto a hard disk. I have a Windows machine running in my garage. Each night, the program runs and downloads the video files to a large hard disk for archiving.

More details here. Feedback welcome: GitHub - morrisonbrett/BlackVueDownloader: BlackVue Downloader - Download video files from your BlackVue camera over http.

You are a hero! I can't say thanks enough for this, it was on my todo list but haven't had any spare time to code this.

Reactions: Brett
I was up for this install until I found out I don't have the spare power wire underneath the microphone grill. (P22xxx vin, and I looked.)

This seems to complicate the installation quite a bit. Plus, there doesn't seem to be a consensus where's the best place to get power other than the mike grill. Any opinions? Thanks.

I was up for this install until I found out I don't have the spare power wire underneath the microphone grill. (P22xxx vin, and I looked.)

This seems to complicate the installation quite a bit. Plus, there doesn't seem to be a consensus where's the best place to get power other than the mike grill. Any opinions? Thanks.

Never mind. I decided on the OBD-II suggestion on Teslarati that I like. Amazon

And the same suggestion plus the right angle adapter from @sorka for a clean install.

And a great Amazon deal I found from @Madartist on the Model X side, but I waited a few hours too long to order. It's gone now.

Last edited:
Never mind. I decided on the OBD-II suggestion on Teslarati that I like. Amazon

And the same suggestion plus the right angle adapter from @sorka for a clean install.

And a great Amazon deal I found from @Madartist on the Model X side, but I waited a few hours too long to order. It's gone now.

Nice! I think the OBD method is what I will use also when my 90D gets delivered in June.

Do you guys have any concerns about draining the 12V battery? How long could you potentially leave it parking mode before you'd start to get worried. For example what if you left it at an airport long term parking for a week?

Nice! I think the OBD method is what I will use also when my 90D gets delivered in June.

Do you guys have any concerns about draining the 12V battery? How long could you potentially leave it parking mode before you'd start to get worried. For example what if you left it at an airport long term parking for a week?

Do not use the OBD II method for your install. You can, but there is no need. You will have the connector in the headliner grill. If you use the OBD, you will have to run the wire to it down the A-pillar.

Do not use the OBD II method for your install. You can, but there is no need. You will have the connector in the headliner grill. If you use the OBD, you will have to run the wire to it down the A-pillar.

4Super9, my understanding was that in the newer models the 12V connection is no longer available on the headliner grill? I would definitely prefer to use that if it were there. Guess I will have to find out.

Thanks!

4Super9, my understanding was that in the newer models the 12V connection is no longer available on the headliner grill? I would definitely prefer to use that if it were there. Guess I will have to find out.

Thanks!

Older and newer models have it. I have an "in-between" model.

The microphone grill is definitely the way to go if you have the spare connector.