Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best wheels for Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a set of the Tesla branded Track Pack 20 inch wheels and like them better than the Arachnids I ordered my MSP with.
Track_Pack_Wheels_Mine_Resized.jpg

Hello There.

We are happy to offer you our Fully Forged Wheels for Tesla Model S plaid.

We have the [AW01] model which you can get in square or staggered setup.

our 20x9.5 wheels are only 23.3 lbs and are rated for 1985 lbs/900 KG loading rating.

Right now we are manufacturing a huge batch of wheels and taking pre-orders. Especially for TMC members, we have developed a 30% discount. That means the set of these wheels will be only $1526 before shipping and taxes.

We will be ready to ship wheels as soon as 2nd week of November.

You can get more details about our offer on this discussion: Vendor - Model Y Premium Fully Forged Wheels by Atomic Wheels

Here are pictures of our [AW01] design in all 3 colors:

View attachment 978155View attachment 978156View attachment 978157

Also, here are pictures of the 2023 Model S Plaid with our wheels.

It is a square setup 20x10.5 +40

View attachment 978163View attachment 978164View attachment 978162
Do you know how this affected the range? I know the archibald wheels you lose about 45-50 miles compared to the stock long range.

Do you know how this affected the range? I know the archibald wheels you lose about 45-50 miles compared to the stock long range.
The rolling resistance of the tyre has much more impact than the wheel design. (Wheel design of course have an impact, but less).

I recently got these wheels:

I got 20x9 square (but there also are 20x10 to use rear ).
These are flow forged and a bit lighter than stock setup.
Anyway, I did get 245/40 r20 michelin e-primacy for these. This is the tyre with the lowest rolling resistance.

It made a hugh difference in efficiency from stock 21” (which I still have for days when having fun).
The design are similar to the stock rim, so the drag should be about the same.

So, even if low drag wherls are nice, the right tyre makes a bigger difference. (I did read/study tesearch sbout wheels drag).

IMG_8811.jpeg

The rolling resistance of the tyre has much more impact than the wheel design. (Wheel design of course have an impact, but less).

I recently got these wheels:

I got 20x9 square (but there also are 20x10 to use rear ).
These are flow forged and a bit lighter than stock setup.
Anyway, I did get 245/40 r20 michelin e-primacy for these. This is the tyre with the lowest rolling resistance.

It made a hugh difference in efficiency from stock 21” (which I still have for days when having fun).
The design are similar to the stock rim, so the drag should be about the same.

So, even if low drag wherls are nice, the right tyre makes a bigger difference. (I did read/study tesearch sbout wheels drag).

View attachment 1048342
What’s was the range difference when you went to these 20” with low rolling tires? They looks good 👍🏻

Reactions: AAKEE
What’s was the range difference when you went to these 20” with low rolling tires? They looks good 👍🏻
At least 10% at highway speeds, I haven’t checked in detail.
Average since mounted (800km, including a 500 km drive) 166Wh/km (267Wh/mi).

Average with 21” last summer was 200Wh/km (322 Wh/km)

I run the 245’s with 3.4 bar / 48.5 psi. (Higher tyre pressure needed on a thinner tyre + high pressure = low rolling resistance)

I have 3D scanners and have scanned the new rim, will CAD parts to 3D print to make the wheels at have least as good aerodynamics as the 19” covers.
Will do it as it is possible and will be fun to see the highest possible efficiency, I will probably not use those all the time.

Looks great - what is the “standard” square setup for a 22 Plaid S as far as width - I see 9.5, 10, and 10.5 listed in this thread. Right now I have OEM Tempest 19s and would be interested in some of these wheels in a square setup so I can rotate the tires.

Okay but that isn’t a square setup - I’m trying to figure out what width all 4 wheels should be and they all need to be the same. Would I go with 4 at 10.5?
Ahh, thought you asked for the stock setup.

10.5” square seems a bit wide in front.

9-10” inch if square I guess.

( My new low rolling resistance setup is 9” square with 245/40-20 but that setup is not
for performance at all. Just to drive very efficient whichp it does very well)

Okay but that isn’t a square setup - I’m trying to figure out what width all 4 wheels should be and they all need to be the same. Would I go with 4 at 10.5?

I think my setup is probably typical of many square setups, Tsportline's TSF:
  • Size: 20x10.0" Front & Rear
  • Offset: +35
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x120
  • Center Bore: 64.1
  • Construction: Flow Forged
  • Weight: 27.3 lbs
  • Load Rating: 900 kg/1,980 lbs
  • Tire Size: 285/35-20