Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any radar detector mounts for the Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to mount my Uniden R3, but blendmount only has Model 3 mounts. Does anyone know where I can find Model Y mounts? I would be fine with buying a different radar detector if there's a specific mount that fits behind the rearview mirror.

I can't use suction cups because it gets too cold and the radar detector falls off.

The mount for the 3 is different. There's more gap on my Jan 2018 Model 3 RWD LR than my Mar 2020 Performance Y. I emailed Blended Mount about a year ago and was told they are working on a mount. I don't see one out yet.

The mount for the 3 is different. There's more gap on my Jan 2018 Model 3 RWD LR than my Mar 2020 Performance Y. I emailed Blended Mount about a year ago and was told they are working on a mount. I don't see one out yet.
I spoke to them on the phone the other day. They said it’s too complicated and they’re still working on engineering a mount for it…

Unsure why it’s so difficult.

0ACD0553-1B73-4022-95DA-4B47CD5B8260.jpeg

Blendmount, plus Dremel (at shop getting hardwired now)

I'm going to run a cable from the radar detector into the center console cig outlet

With software updates its difficult to find any place that doesn't stay hot aside from the 12v cig outlet. Some people got the mirror or the fuse on the left driver but sometimes it stays hot even after leaving the car. The cig outlet solves all those issues and is fairly easy to install.

Gonna do a video so should be done soon