Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone on 2019.32.12.4 and will Scheduled Departure work with Octopus Go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like when I couldn’t wait for the car, now I can’t wait for
2019.32.12.4! Anyone got it yet?

I love the idea of scheduled charging, but will coexist with Octopus Go?
I use an Ohme smart charging cable, which times charging for maximum cost savings on Go. I am curious to see how this works with scheduled charging and if the whole process gets too complicated -- as it is I have both smart cable and Tesla set for 80% max charging...

Just had mine fitted but no portable screen indoors and im fairly certain its a smets1 and not 2 like promised
20220B0E-211A-4DBD-94BC-EB1B56E58092.jpeg

Just had mine fitted but no portable screen indoors and im fairly certain its a smets1 and not 2 like promised View attachment 471979
Yup, that a SMETS1, same as mine.

Tbh you’re probably better off with a SMETS1 at the moment, reading about all the problems with SMETS2 communication. These Secure SMETS1 are supposedly going to be upgraded in the future by a firmware upgrade to make them equivalent to a SMETS2. I’ve had mine over two years now, it’s just worked.

Yup, that a SMETS1, same as mine.

Tbh you’re probably better off with a SMETS1 at the moment, reading about all the problems with SMETS2 communication. These Secure SMETS1 are supposedly going to be upgraded in the future by a firmware upgrade to make them equivalent to a SMETS2. I’ve had mine over two years now, it’s just worked.
But when told its smets2 and not ffs

Have you been chasing them? Rural locations seem to have more problems too.

I registered for it just after we switched to them and they told me that smart meters weren't available in my area yet but should be in the next couple of months that was back in July so I emailed them and registered my interest again online a couple fo weeks ago and was told a member of the smart meter team is now on the case.

I will chase them again today.

Reactions: Roy W.
I dont want a hildebrand stick do they not supply a portable monitor ?
The Glow Stick is essentially an app-based monitor (the Glow Stick connects to your wifi and then you get all the info through the app on your phone -- a far superior solution to the standalone monitor, in my opinion). I haven't got mine working yet, so I don't know how it's different to the Octopus online consumption bar chart.

What does that look like/do?

I’ve got a little mono screen thing that OVO supplied, but I rarely look at it. The usage view online is much better and easier to navigate.
It's basically a stick (bit bigger than a large USB stick) with a USB plug for power (you just hide it away somewhere within wifi range and also within range of your smart metre). You connect it to your home wifi, and it auto-discovers your smart metre, and then gives you the equivalent of the standalone monitor but from an app on your phone. Haven't got mine setup yet, so can't say if it's any good.

I’ve got a little mono screen thing that OVO supplied, but I rarely look at it. The usage view online is much better and easier to navigate.

I know I should just ask Octopus but you may know this already. The smart half hourly consumption totals are all readily accessible in my online account but I would I would like to be able to export them to use in an offline spreadsheet for my own interest. Do they offer this?