Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any reason not to order a model 3 at this time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, so I'm ordering our second model 3, this time a 2021 edition. Still deciding between performance or AB. Regardless, is there any reason to hold off at this time and maybe wait two or three months? Can't wait till end of year however.

Any and all advise welcome!

Thanks.

I’m in a similar situation to you, except it’s my first Tesla! I’ve decided to hold off for the time being for the following reasons.

1.) Tesla stock is cheap at the moment so I’m loading up on that (personal choice obviously).

2.) I don’t need a new car at the moment so I’m holding off for a potential tax credit, random improvements, and improved build quality.

3.) As Berlin and Texas come online I’m sure we will see more streamlined production from Fremont for the US with less of the end of quarter rushes.

4.) I’m returning to my pre covid job in August, in the meantime I’m delivering groceries which I would rather not do in a $65,000 M3P.

I’m in a similar situation to you, except it’s my first Tesla! I’ve decided to hold off for the time being for the following reasons.

1.) Tesla stock is cheap at the moment so I’m loading up on that (personal choice obviously).

2.) I don’t need a new car at the moment so I’m holding off for a potential tax credit, random improvements, and improved build quality.

3.) As Berlin and Texas come online I’m sure we will see more streamlined production from Fremont for the US with less of the end of quarter rushes.

4.) I’m returning to my pre covid job in August, in the meantime I’m delivering groceries which I would rather not do in a $65,000 M3P.
That makes sense. My reasons are different, I actually do need a new car however :)

Dive in - do it. There will never be a perfect time to get it but one thing I'd consider is the possibility of microchip shortages affecting all sorts of product supply lines currently - especially vehicles.

I'd hate for you to wait until summer and then find you have a REALLY significant wait time because of silly little silicone wafers.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Dive in - do it. There will never be a perfect time to get it but one thing I'd consider is the possibility of microchip shortages affecting all sorts of product supply lines currently - especially vehicles.

I'd hate for you to wait until summer and then find you have a REALLY significant wait time because of silly little silicone wafers.
Man! That's a good point!! I think I'll pull the trigger. Anyone on here own a P and an AB, just curious how the ride differs.