Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Weather Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my new 2023 Model S and I was contemplating using my old Tesla branded Weathertech liners from my 2016 S90D (refresh). They are still in great shape but what got me thinking about changing was I got my wife Tuxmats for her Taycan. I think her liners seem like they are a better quality and have more of a luxury feel to them. The weathertech’s are great but the hard plastics are a bit cheapie feeling (although I like that they are Tesla branded). What are others using for our great Canadian winters and how do they compare against the Tuxmats or Weathertech liners?

The one knock I have against the Tuxmats is they are a bit more work if you want them sitting perfectly flush.

Do not go tuxmat, I have had salt bleedthrough last winter and the trunk mat fitment is horrible on the model Y. Their customer service sucks as well. They wouldn't allow pick up from their warehouse even though I live 10 minutes away, I had to wait for their "free" shipping.
I bought Tuxmat for my wife’s Taycan about 6 weeks ago and I thought they felt great but now you’ve got me concerned. I might opt for the Maxpiders but they look like they are made of the identical material as the Tuxmat.

I haven't had any bleed through with Tuxmat; I tried the Maxpiders first but found them slippery when I had snow on my boots, and that's the opposite of what you want a mat to do. I also tried Weathertech and found the fit (MY) was never right and it curved inwards against my leg.

Reactions: Struja
Not happy with my first experience with Tuxmat this year. I've also always used Weathertech before but have since found MAXpiders easier to clean.
Purchased Tuxmat for our Outlander as MAXpiders were not available for it. Tuxmat require side clips to keep them from bending in. The accelerator pedal also binds with them at full travel. Many of us have complained to them about the pedal interference but all they said is "This is how the Outlander PHEV mats are supposed to fit, and our development team completed a successful pedal test for this SKU". They clearly don't want to admit they are at fault.:confused:

Reactions: blue_dragon
I just got my new 2023 Model S and I was contemplating using my old Tesla branded Weathertech liners from my 2016 S90D (refresh). They are still in great shape but what got me thinking about changing was I got my wife Tuxmats for her Taycan. I think her liners seem like they are a better quality and have more of a luxury feel to them. The weathertech’s are great but the hard plastics are a bit cheapie feeling (although I like that they are Tesla branded). What are others using for our great Canadian winters and how do they compare against the Tuxmats or Weathertech liners?

The one knock I have against the Tuxmats is they are a bit more work if you want them sitting perfectly flush.
I've had Tuxmats in my 2016 since I got the car 4.5 years ago. No leaks whatsoever and they look like "luxury" mats compared to the cheap plasticky look of the WeatherTechs.

But you're absolutely right, the edges on the sides cave in slightly.

I've had Tuxmats in my 2016 since I got the car 4.5 years ago. No leaks whatsoever and they look like "luxury" mats compared to the cheap plasticky look of the WeatherTechs.

But you're absolutely right, the edges on the sides cave in slightly.

I just put TuxMats in our MY today. Good to hear they hold up well over time. They really do look excellent in the car.

I didn't have any issue with the sides caving but I did use up all of the velcro-style clips because those provided a tighter fit

Reactions: SilverGS
I use Tuxmats in my 3 & Y. The Mats in the 3 have held up since 2018 with no issues. The ones in the Y are their newer design/material and have also help up wonderfully. They are great for containing all the salt over the winters and keep it off the majority of the carpets.