Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment shop in Toronto, Hamilton, Niagara area after N2itive install adjustable camber toe arms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks: I just finished installing the N2itive adjustable camber/toe arm kit on my 2017 X. Does anyone know of an alignment shop in the Toronto, Hamilton, NIagara area of Canada that can do the alignmnet. Thanks.
Which shop that installed your camber arm kit? And why did you decide to install the camber/toe arm kit on your X?

I am about to install SCALES coilovers on my S P90D because the OEM suspension has over 100k miles. But my worry is that the factory camber/toe may not be able to adjusted properly with new suspension (I'm not trying to race my S but daily and occasional spirited drive). I have never heard from N2itive and at the time I could only find UPP's kit which is $1390 USD. Now, thanks to your post, I see N2itive camber/toe kit for $1633 USD (but all of their kits are backordered).

Which shop that installed your camber arm kit? And why did you decide to install the camber/toe arm kit on your X?

I am about to install SCALES coilovers on my S P90D because the OEM suspension has over 100k miles. But my worry is that the factory camber/toe may not be able to adjusted properly with new suspension (I'm not trying to race my S but daily and occasional spirited drive). I have never heard from N2itive and at the time I could only find UPP's kit which is $1390 USD. Now, thanks to your post, I see N2itive camber/toe kit for $1633 USD (but all of their kits are backordered).
I installed the kit myself. On the rear of our cars, the camber arm is not adjustable and toe adjustment is limited. I took my car to an alignment shop before installing the camber,toe kit to get a baseline readings. I did this at standard and low suspension settings. I suggest you do the same--no adjustments just take the readings. After you install coilovers, you back to the alignment shop and see if the install changed anything. While this sounds like a lot of effort and expense, getting readings only from an alignment shop was not expensive. After install of your coilovers, if rear camber is outside of -050 to -0.70 (this spec comes from N2itive). them I strongly suggest adjustable camber and toe arms. The issues with the Tesla spec is that the range for camber is way too large and results more than likely in excess inner tire wear. After install of your coilovers and adjustable arms, have you car aligned at the riding height you will use.

I followed all In2itive's instruction and specs for the alignment. My car is great. Don at N2itive was a always available to answer questions I had along the way. I am surprised to see your comment that they are out of stock. I did wait a long time for my kit, but understood that they had good supplies on hand. I would call or email Don and ask directly.

I installed the kit myself. On the rear of our cars, the camber arm is not adjustable and toe adjustment is limited. I took my car to an alignment shop before installing the camber,toe kit to get a baseline readings. I did this at standard and low suspension settings. I suggest you do the same--no adjustments just take the readings. After you install coilovers, you back to the alignment shop and see if the install changed anything. While this sounds like a lot of effort and expense, getting readings only from an alignment shop was not expensive. After install of your coilovers, if rear camber is outside of -050 to -0.70 (this spec comes from N2itive). them I strongly suggest adjustable camber and toe arms. The issues with the Tesla spec is that the range for camber is way too large and results more than likely in excess inner tire wear. After install of your coilovers and adjustable arms, have you car aligned at the riding height you will use.

I followed all In2itive's instruction and specs for the alignment. My car is great. Don at N2itive was a always available to answer questions I had along the way. I am surprised to see your comment that they are out of stock. I did wait a long time for my kit, but understood that they had good supplies on hand. I would call or email Don and ask directly.
Well, Don or someone from his company stated that I only need kit # 2 since I don't have air ride suspension. They also said that the kit I need is back ordered until after May and use a coupon code to save $100.

I'm wondering if my local Kal Tire (Cambridge) can do alignment w/o me having to drive to Tesla Kitchener or closer to GTA. Thank you for your response.

I suggest going to an independent alignment shop like Kal tire. I don't have anything against Tesla Service Center but not for alignment. As I said before, their specs have a range that is way too large so they will most certainly tell you your alignment is good under all circumstances. Getting a green light on the alignment machine is not good enough. You have to use smaller tolerances. At the end of the day when all your installs are done, the alignment shop has to agree to use the specs that you supply. Kal Tire should do that. Indeed they should be able to install the adjustable arms. I stand by N2itive's specs for alignment.

Reactions: siamnet