Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket mobile charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have one from EV Chargers that works fine and gets me the full 11Kw on 3 phase. Used it again yesterday for a couple of hours at Pine Creek.

But it like the UMC doesn't like temperature much above 40 degrees and will ramp down if you can't keep them and the plug shaded and cool. I carry them both when travelling and have previously swapped from 1 to the other while the first cools down.

Stay away from EnelX aka Juicebox Pro, absolute garbage!
Needed a replacement charger like now. Picked up an Electron at Best Buy, so far so good. Juicebox not worth repairing.

Attachments

• IMG_4568.jpeg
    IMG_4568.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
I imported an e-station ELPA (EVR3), adjustable from 6a single phase to 32a three phase 9 years ago. It has been faultless, has been used to cross the Nullarbor 3 times, enabled our trip to Birdsville and well used for other long distance trips. Still used and very reliable, mostly at the full 22kW (Model S with the optional charger). No longer sold, but I note it has been replaced with the e-station EV3 which I assume will be just as reliable. I also note it can be used with their multiple adaptors to ensure electrical safety when plugged into supplies less than 32a 3ph. Portable loaders Archives

Last edited:
Reactions: johnchidgey
Just thought I would start this thread around non tesla aftermarket mobile chargers. Has anyone have one, what brand, do they work ok?
You could assume they all work, if only for a little while as above poster @Stan930 mentioned.
Unfortunately Alibaba, eBay and the like are awash with mobile chargers that promise to perform but no mention of warranties or after sales support and no declarations of RCM approval. Of course you could get lucky....

As @noddy@teamterm said, go with a local seller, you'd be protected by ACL, and have local support and easy returns in case anything goes wrong.

The question you need to ask is what is your use case ? single phase or 3phase? home charging also, or just for trips in rural areas? What power points are you hoping to charge from:
- 10A?
- 15A?
- 20A?
- 32A?
or all of the above?

what length of charger cable? 5m?, 7m? or custom?.
Lots of questions.. give the lads @ evchargers.com.au a call.