Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice wanted: P85+ Tire Wear - Check my alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit: Heading was supposed to say "Advice wanted" (Moderator note: Fixed thread title.)

For those familiar with the tire wear issue on the P85+ and have either fixed or addressed it, what advice would you give? I am going through tires pretty quickly in the rear and it’s getting worse. 10k, maybe 15k but that’s into the belts. Attached is my most recent alignment specs and knowing I can not do anything about rear camber would changing the Toe improve anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your rear toe is really 0.4 as the printout says it's good. However, my experience with service center alignments is that the actual alignment has very little in common with their printouts. I'd suggest you take it to an independent shop and have it double checked.

Reactions: Blaxin41
If your rear toe is really 0.4 as the printout says it's good. However, my experience with service center alignments is that the actual alignment has very little in common with their printouts. I'd suggest you take it to an independent shop and have it double checked.

zwede,
What treadwear have you seen on your p85+? Can you get any decent life out of tires?

Nah, even with perfect toe rear tire life on the 21's is garbage. Especially with the staggered setup where you can't rotate. I was getting 8K miles rear, 15K miles front (all city, no highway, replaced when they hit wear indicator). Finally gave up on the 21's and got a set of square 20's. Only have about 4K miles on them so far but almost no wear. Looks like they'll last a lot longer.

• Informative
Reactions: mambro