Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACH on Sunday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Have a delivery scheduled for MYP tomorrow Sunday at the Fremont factory for direct pickup. For personal reasons, I don't want to use Plaid platform transfer, and it's too late now to get a cashier check. I have some question about payment, hoping people here can share their experience.

1) Can I do manual ACH on delivery day?
2) How does ACH work on a Sunday since it's not a business day? Does ACH get processed on Sunday or next business day? (e.g. Monday?)
3) How does ACH work in reality, does it first check for account balance before it pulls the fund?
4) If I encounter with ACH on Sunday, my only backup option is a personal check. Anyone have experience with Fremont delivery center accepting personal checks?
5) if no personal checks allowed, would they process loan through Tesla on a Sunday?

Personal checks are not accepted by Tesla, I suppose because it takes in general three days for performing the transfer.

I believe that banks don't perform single check transactions.​
Instead they put together all the transfer requests for a give bank in a larger batch.​
Then the other bank process all the requests internaly and then submit a global wire transfer.​
When the bank who made the requests receives the wire transfer, then the bank moves locally the amounts into the accounts to be credited.​

ACH are similar to checks, so I doubt that ACH will be accepted by Tesla.

Note: I used a cashier check, however the whole amount was still in my account for at least one week after the delivery.

Hi everyone,

Have a delivery scheduled for MYP tomorrow Sunday at the Fremont factory for direct pickup. For personal reasons, I don't want to use Plaid platform transfer, and it's too late now to get a cashier check. I have some question about payment, hoping people here can share their experience.

1) Can I do manual ACH on delivery day?
2) How does ACH work on a Sunday since it's not a business day? Does ACH get processed on Sunday or next business day? (e.g. Monday?)
3) How does ACH work in reality, does it first check for account balance before it pulls the fund?
4) If I encounter with ACH on Sunday, my only backup option is a personal check. Anyone have experience with Fremont delivery center accepting personal checks?
5) if no personal checks allowed, would they process loan through Tesla on a Sunday?
What did you end up doing?