Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is an 'electric tractor' with snow tires on it. Had our first huge snowfall yesterday and I had to do some important errands around town and the car was a champ. Only issue is that the air dam intake/outlet on the car was 100% packed with snow and if it is slippery, the regen can be strongly effected as the wheels cannot stick to the ground so if you are an expert one pedal driver, be ready to recalibrate to using some brakes. I am not sure what effect that would have on the heat pump operation. Seemed just fine until I was able to clear out as much as I could. At least in these climates, the difference between AS and snows is remarkable.
That is great to hear. Snow tires definitely make a big difference then, the the 19’s LR. Thanks!

Reactions: Proppilot
Same here. Out of curiosity, what have you ordered?
Looking back. Most of the stuff is for the Y….

For Plaid (EDD 2/25)
  • Front Splash Guards
  • Seat Belt Covers
  • Tasmanian Trunk Mat
  • Screen Protectors
For MyP (Pick-Up Friday)
  • Auto Frunk Kit
  • Seat Belt Covers
  • USB Hub
  • Lighted Door Sills
  • Abstract Ocean Interior Light Upgrade
  • Abstract Ocean Puddle Light (T logo) Upgrade
  • Sound Proof Kit
  • Latch Covers
  • Cup Holder Insert
  • HomeLink
  • Trunk Inserts
  • Front Lip
  • Booked Full PPF and Tint for Monday

Last edited:
Got my front mudflaps today. I thought I was doing something wrong because I couldn't get the push clips to go in on the underside of the car on either side. I had no trouble getting the ones in the wheel well in. I don't have a jack either so I couldn't see what was going on very well.

Got some photos underneath the car and saw the body panel color holes didn't line up very well with the hole underneath them. After over an hour of messing with them, I got the clips in by separating the pin piece, putting the base in first, then forcing the pin back in after. The base without pin was small enough to fit in the misaligned holes. Pull them a couple times and they seem to be on there. Anyone else run into similar issues?

Reactions: impastu
Got my front mudflaps today. I thought I was doing something wrong because I couldn't get the push clips to go in on the underside of the car on either side. I had no trouble getting the ones in the wheel well in. I don't have a jack either so I couldn't see what was going on very well.

Got some photos underneath the car and saw the body panel color holes didn't line up very well with the hole underneath them. After over an hour of messing with them, I got the clips in by separating the pin piece, putting the base in first, then forcing the pin back in after. The base without pin was small enough to fit in the misaligned holes. Pull them a couple times and they seem to be on there. Anyone else run into similar issues?
Yeah, that was tricky. I put my phone's camera on front-facing view, and set it under the car, so I could see when the holes all lined up. Made it much easier.

Looking back. Most of the stuff is for the Y….

For Plaid (EDD 2/25)
  • Front Splash Guards
  • Seat Belt Covers
  • Tasmanian Trunk Mat
  • Screen Protectors
For MyP (Pick-Up Friday)
  • Auto Frunk Kit
  • Seat Belt Covers
  • USB Hub
  • Lighted Door Sills
  • Abstract Ocean Interior Light Upgrade
  • Abstract Ocean Puddle Light (T logo) Upgrade
  • Sound Proof Kit
  • Latch Covers
  • Cup Holder Insert
  • HomeLink
  • Trunk Inserts
  • Front Lip
  • Booked Full PPF and Tint for Monday

Yea I imagine, there are so many more accessories available for the Model 3/Y than the S. I should take delivery in first week of Feb so right now I've got a bunch of accessories sitting in the garage:

• Tasmanian Trunk Mats throughout
  • Screen Protectors (2x)
  • 3M Caliper covers
  • 3M Trunk Letters + Emblems Covers
  • Windshield/Side mirror water repellant film
Still looking for a light kit to swap the white bulbs throughout

This is from Pete at AO

We've completed the first stage, which is the most difficult, making sure we can build a light module that the car is happy with. Now we need to make it brighter, and the first double-bright sample (#4) arrived yesterday. We have it on a test rig here for a week for soak-testing, then it'll going into a Model S for real world testing. If it's good, we can start to move forward with production, but honestly, it's rare that we get to a production sample in just 4 attempts, so I suspect we'll still have a couple more iterations to go through. My best, and vaguest guess would be "Spring" for launch.

Received the Matte Screen Protector Set from Abstract Ocean a while back.
Installed the front one today. Very pleased with the glare reduction, fingerprint resistance, feel, brilliance & responsiveness.
Installation was perfect. A bit nerve racking. Used biodefense to clean the air first.
View attachment 755775View attachment 755776View attachment 755777
Just thought I’d update this…
I was driving today and noticed that the matte screen protector greatly reduces reflections, however it acts almost like a projector screen, capturing light, making the screen completely unreadable. Hoping this was just an anomalous position of the sun but pretty disappointing nonetheless.
Instrument cluster which does not have any kind of Matt finish shows reflections, however no white out… Like the main screen. Although it was probably sheltered from that blinding sun in the photo.
9225C4C0-CD80-4AA6-8979-5B8BCCF2E180.jpeg

4B78487C-285B-45E7-B0C5-B7AA823BD391.jpeg

This is from Pete at AO

We've completed the first stage, which is the most difficult, making sure we can build a light module that the car is happy with. Now we need to make it brighter, and the first double-bright sample (#4) arrived yesterday. We have it on a test rig here for a week for soak-testing, then it'll going into a Model S for real world testing. If it's good, we can start to move forward with production, but honestly, it's rare that we get to a production sample in just 4 attempts, so I suspect we'll still have a couple more iterations to go through. My best, and vaguest guess would be "Spring" for launch.
Remind me - what are they working on? I looked at the past couple of pages and could not figure out what it is.

Just thought I’d update this…
I was driving today and noticed that the matte screen protector greatly reduces reflections, however it acts almost like a projector screen, capturing light, making the screen completely unreadable. Hoping this was just an anomalous position of the sun but pretty disappointing nonetheless.
Instrument cluster which does not have any kind of Matt finish shows reflections, however no white out… Like the main screen. Although it was probably sheltered from that blinding sun in the photo.
View attachment 757658

View attachment 757659
wonder if this is the case for all Matte screen protectors. Ordered mine from TWraps, will let you know how they work out

I’m guessing you’re correct. My first experience with matte…
Perfect testing grounds.
Plenty of sun in Palm Springs, CA
Almost certainly the screen protector is the cause of that. Matte screen protectors can completely kill the brightness of a display and cause any number of irregularities when light hits it. I've found the best way to go is no screen protector. Has anyone actually ever scratched their screen under normal use? With the way the S screen is recessed into the dash it's not worth it. Just my $0.02.