Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Problem

Do you have AC problems?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a recent update, my Model Y has an AC problem (blowing, not cooling) and temperature sensor problem.

I'm not sure if it's hardware or software problem. Is Anyone Has similar issues?

Attachments

• 1A2F901F-4F3C-4925-A0B4-8212A5C3BB13.jpeg
    1A2F901F-4F3C-4925-A0B4-8212A5C3BB13.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 78
I've rebooted it in three different ways.
- just two buttons
- break and two buttons
- full power reboot (turn-off the car for 3 minutes and then break + two buttons) as suggested by Tesla representative

Even after today's update, the issue is still there.

And the outside temperature sensor shows 130-144 degrees (actual outside temperature was 80-90 degrees).

I'm not sure if its software or hardware issues.

I've rebooted it in three different ways.
- just two buttons
- break and two buttons
- full power reboot (turn-off the car for 3 minutes and then break + two buttons) as suggested by Tesla representative

Even after today's update, the issue is still there.

And the outside temperature sensor shows 130-144 degrees (actual outside temperature was 80-90 degrees).

I'm not sure if its software or hardware issues.
What temp did you set it too after the reboot?

Fred

Reboot the car using the steering wheel 2 button method, once it restart, set the Temp to 62 degrees and also turn on the air Recirculate. Don’t set it on Lo.

Fred

I Did that (on auto to 65). Actual temperature doesn't go below 80, and fan always at 9-10 (it set that automatically). So it can't cool down and blowing air at 9-10 always. So annoying :(

After a recent update, my Model Y has an AC problem (blowing, not cooling) and temperature sensor problem.

I'm not sure if it's hardware or software problem. Is Anyone Has similar issues?

I have a 2020 MX that had similar AC symptoms. A faulty sensor was the cause. Tesla was able to pull the data from the car but I still had to take the car into a service center for them to confirm the problem. Tesla kept the car two days because that particular sensor was not in stock. 7k miles later and all is well.

• Informative
Reactions: BlindPass
I have a 2020 MX that had similar AC symptoms. A faulty sensor was the cause. Tesla was able to pull the data from the car but I still had to take the car into a service center for them to confirm the problem. Tesla kept the car two days because that particular sensor was not in stock. 7k miles later and all is well.
I also had an ac issue with MY, tesla changed out a temperature sensor and all is well. no issues keeping the MY cool in the 95 F Georgia heat.

• Informative
Reactions: BlindPass
Known issue at this point that several of us have had (mine is currently in the shop for the same issue) -- when the A/C works it works fine (i've measured it blowing 42 degree air with an 80+ outside temp), but it decides not to cool intermittently -- my Y remains in service since last wednesday (7/22) and is awaiting parts (it had previously been in twice and both times they said it was low on refrigerant but there was no leak, now they seem to be trying some other fix) -- see this thread for more complete info:

3rd A/C failure

I had been very frustrated but I'm now at least somewhat hopeful that Tesla has ID'd the real issue and is informing service centers accordingly given the length of this repair.....