Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

A Tesla Widget for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks,

I am looking for a Tesla Android App that includes a widget that can be placed on my homescreen so i can turn on the heat in my car...

is there an app out there that does this? i have used, DASHBOARD for TESLA, and no luck..

thanks

The closest you get to widgets is by using Tasker and "Tasker plugin for Tesla".

If the "dashboard for Tesla" had widgets, they would most likely look about as ugly as the dashboard app itself, so you would not want to have it on your desktop anyway.

It's a pity that Tesla app don't have it.

Last edited:
I use the official Tesla app to turn on the heat/AC, lock/unlock the doors, open my sunroof, and open and close the rear hatch. Works great on my Pixel.

If you allow it in settings and you have a regular schedule, your car will "learn" when you leave for work and head home and will bring you car to the set temp (heat/cool).

I agree with e OP, a widget (or widgets) that is customizable would be great. Even better (for me) would be the "actions" that many Android app have - where you long-press on the icon shortcut and it brings up quick actions. Such as, opening the trunk, unlocking the car, etc.

Even better (for me) would be the "actions" that many Android app have - where you long-press on the icon shortcut and it brings up quick actions. Such as, opening the trunk, unlocking the car, etc.
Too bad you don't like Dashboard as you can make the "controls" page come up when you connect and give you exactly what you've described. Personally I love that app but to each their own.

You can unlock the car and pop the trunk or frunk from the notification tray.
Screenshot_20181117-190707.png

Too bad you don't like Dashboard as you can make the "controls" page come up when you connect and give you exactly what you've described. Personally I love that app but to each their own.
I tried it, and even paid the $14, only to uninstall it.
1. The widget doesn't allow custom functions, such as just having one command (open frunk).
2. It's much too slow since it had to connect via the Internet. Whereas the Tesla app allows one to control the car via Bluetooth . When I'm in my work's parking garage with no cell service then the Dashboard app is just a paperweight.

Hello folks,

I am looking for a Tesla Android App that includes a widget that can be placed on my homescreen so i can turn on the heat in my car...

is there an app out there that does this? i have used, DASHBOARD for TESLA, and no luck..

thanks
Tesla Quick Settings also works, and it's free; Tasker isn't, and the Tasker plugin for Tesla isn't. It's a notification, not a widget (see pic) and doesn't have some of the capabilities Dashboard had, like location tracking and speed clocking. I used Widgetsoid (from website, not Play store) to replace usual quick settings toggles (see pic).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210221-093135.png
    Screenshot_20210221-093135.png
    534 KB · Views: 118