Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A CPO Model S without Free Supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an odd one for the group...I reserved this CPO Model S last week and noticed immediately after that Supercharging wasnt included:

2014 60 kWh Model S
EXTERIOR
Red Multi-Coat Paint
Black Roof
19" Wheels
INTERIOR
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Piano Black Décor
Standard Headliner
OPTIONS
Tech Package with Autopilot
VEHICLE PRICE

I confirmed immediately with my CPO advisor who mentioned that free charging WAS always included, and that it was "probably a typo". Should I be concerned it wasnt mentioned in the description?

Get it in writing, and do it quickly. If I recall, some Model 60s in that time were not equipped for Supercharging and had to be physically modified to do it not just an OTA upgrade. You need to be sure, not just accept the verbal assurance.

If you are planning to use this car for long distance travel, be sure you know what you are in for. Long, slow charging in some cases to get between Superchargers. This is NOT a software limited recent model 60. You will spend considerable time at a Supercharger getting enough juice to make the next one.

Last edited:
thanks guys... I actually called my CPO advisor today to ask about the free supercharging; "All Model S's have Free Supercharging per Elon"... I did ask him to send that to me in writing. Just kind of odd that if it was true, why it isnt listed.